• PRODUCTION MANAGER US
• Position: Remote – Casual Contract (Long Term)
Pace Live is seeking an experienced and well organised Production Manager to lead the production & technical teams for its shows A Taste of Ireland and A Celtic Christmas, as the Company produces and tours across the United States. The Production Manager will have significant experience working across these territories as well as the skills to coordinate, organise and manage technical production teams and logistics of its touring shows as it prepares to tour from late 2023 and throughout 2024 & 2025.
The Production Manager will be responsible for recruitment and management of touring crew; collaborative scheduling, both on tour and during pre/post production; logistics and maintenance of theatrical technical equipment as required, both on and off tour; communicating with venues, suppliers and other producers; providing strategic, financial and technical leadership to the Company across international markets; and general technical live theatrical leadership to the producers as the Company establishes itself in new territories and enters new venue, supplier and personnel relationships.
The Company is looking for someone who has experience in working across the United States, knowledge of both theatrical touring markets as well as the ability to project manage the show within the current touring schedules and upcoming tour dates.
Roles and responsibilities of the position can include the following:
- Recruit, brief and manage all production and technical staff across the US.
- Possess working knowledge of the relevant technical work legislations across the US including; staff and touring hours, Occupational Health and safety laws, Performer agreements and Company obligations under different agreements in different territories as well as Union knowledge.
- Manage and deliver the current desired technical and production outcomes of the Company and its current touring shows, ensuring on time delivery of the required paperwork to action touring deadlines.
- Assist with the transfer of shows and tours across International borders and territories adapting requirements to each specific market.
- Availability to provide hands-on event management and production support across different territories including the pre-production and technical rehearsal phase of each tour where required.
- Develop production schedules within budget, which maximise company resources and ensure expenses are within budget.
- Coordination and management of production meetings with creatives and technical teams.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective procedures for all touring technical staff.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant venue technical teams pre and post, ensuring preparation for the show’s delivery is smoothly executed within time and budget.
- Monitor and control production expenditure across logistics, pre-production and touring on a cost benefit basis, reporting to the producers.
- Provide line management and support to touring crew, technical coordinators and performers where required.
- Coordinate and assist with the development, delivery and execution of Riders specific to each tour, venue and show’s specifications.
- Creation, adaption and implementation of smooth production processes in both Pre/Post Production and in Rehearsals, Load In/Load Out and Performance.
Pace Live is based in Australia and is seeking a Production Manager with experience across the US to join its team working remotely across its tours as it expands into those territories. Its flagship show, ‘A Taste of Ireland’ has commenced touring Internationally and requires a technical leader to work closely with the Producers to ensure its smooth technical delivery each night.
Pace was featured as one of Pollstar’s Top 100 Promoters Worldwide throughout 2021, and as a growing theatre producer and promoter is building a small but efficient remote team to work abroad.
As the company expands and starts to build new tours and shows, the search is on for someone who wants to join the team for the next stage of the Company’s expansion.
This position would suit someone with touring experience in the US who is looking for a flexible remote role in a Senior position. The role is on a contract basis and will commence late July, early August 2023 with the view to increase in hours into late 2023 with the Company’s tour dates beginning to rapidly expand from November 2023 and throughout 2024.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Freelance. Job Tags: management, manager, performing arts, production, and recruitment. States: New York.