Production Coordinator, LA Opera Connects
About LA Opera:
LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes, and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles.
Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the opportunity:
Connects oversees LA Opera’s community engagement and learning programming and partnerships, and we are excited to welcome a new Production Coordinator to our Connects team.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for the physical production of Connects programs and events, which take place both at LA Opera’s home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles as well as in various schools and other locations throughout the LA area.
This is a full-time administrative staff position with benefits, with evening and weekend work frequently required in addition to regular office hours.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Hire, contract, and supervise technical staff for Connects productions and programs.
- Coordinate rehearsals and performance schedules for crew and artists, including space and technical requests.
- Attend rehearsals, performances, and programs.
- Oversee building, receipt, transportation, and storage of physical productions.
- Maintain records of past, present, and future productions including set, costume, and props documentation, as well as department music library and tour wrap folders.
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with performing arts production and demonstrated ability to coordinate and schedule rehearsals and performances
- Strong skills in oral and written communication
- A current driver’s license
- A flexible schedule that allows for frequent evening and weekend work
We are committed to a workplace in which everyone has equitable opportunities and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking a Production Coordinator who champions and demonstrates this commitment.
Qualified applicants may submit an application here.
Applications received by Friday, July 22 will receive full consideration.
Individuals of identities that are underrepresented in arts administration and technical theater are especially encouraged to apply.
LA Opera has a COVID vaccination policy for employees, which requires employees to be up to date on their vaccines (meaning an original vaccine series plus a booster when eligible, as determined by the CDC eligibility schedule). Further information about the policy will be provided to candidates in the interview process.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, non-profit, opera, and performing arts. States: California.
Please Share the Production Coordinator, LA Opera Connects job: