Contract Production Assistants – Music Festival
The Ravinia Festival Association is seeking a team of Production Assistants to assist in the coordination and execution of all backstage operations for the 2019 summer season.
Freelance / Contract / Temporary
These positions are highly coveted, and past employees have gone on to obtain full-time employment within major arts organizations.
Dates of Employment:
May/June through late-September 2019 (with some flexibility)
• Assistants will perform the daily operations of the Production Department including, but not limited to:
• artist transportation
• setting dressing rooms
• restocking inventory
• general office work.
• Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
• Strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Clean driving record** (must be submitted with application).
• Comfortable driving Ravinia’s fleet vehicles.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Consistent source of transportation at any time of day or night and a reliable cell phone.
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours
– (position requires extensive evening and weekend hours, some seven-day work weeks).
Employees are required to sign an offer letter and a confidentiality agreement.
In addition to the general responsibilities, the position will focus on substantive areas of production management including: arts administration, music business, technical coordination, and production coordination.
Candidates with any of these backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Ravinia is a union house, so there are no technical/on-stage aspects to this position.
$12/hour. Thirty to fifty hours per week with opportunities for overtime pay.
Free attendance at most concerts.
Some meals provided.
Cell phone reimbursement. Internship credit is available.
How to Apply
Please Share the Production Assistants – Music Festival job: