The Wallis is seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented administrative professional to join our team as Production Administrator to support the Production & Artistic teams.
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is a dynamic cultural hub and community resource where local, national and international artists share their artistry through robust and distinctive presentations and education programs curated with both creativity and social impact in mind. The campus is a breathtaking 70,000-square-foot facility celebrating the classic and the modern and has garnered six architectural awards. The restored building features the original 1933 Beverly Hills Post Office (on the National Register of Historic Places), which serves as the theater’s dramatic yet welcoming lobby, and includes the contemporary 500-seat, state-of-the-art Bram Goldsmith Theater; the 150-seat Lovelace Studio Theater and an inviting open-air plaza for family, community and other performances.
Although The Wallis will not re-open its indoor theater prior to October 2021, The Wallis team will be active and imaginative while our indoor theaters remain closed. We will continue to provide outdoor programming in our temporary outdoor performance space this Summer, and continue to offer virtual educational programming, to continue to engage our beloved patrons.
GRoW @ The Wallis, The Wallis education department, continues to thrive with its new virtual classrooms and wide array of programs for people of all ages, remaining an especially important source of arts education and human connection during this time of isolation. The fall sessions of its popular Staged Stories and Beyond Words programs sold out with a long waiting list in less than a day.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Wallis is seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented administrative professional to join our team as Production Administrator to support the Production & Artistic teams. Reporting to the Director of Production and working closely with the Artistic Director and Artistic team, this role is responsible for all contractual agreement preparation and execution with visiting artists, companies and theatrical unions.
This position is responsible to manage communication and all logistics including travel and lodging related to hosting visiting national and international performers, artists, designers, and companies, prior to and throughout their residencies at The Wallis. This position reports directly to the Director of Production and is a full-time, exempt position.
If you have excellent communication and organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, but at the same time enjoy interacting and working with artists, designers, and production teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare all contractual agreements for visiting artists, companies, production team and theatrical unions and assist in the development of future commissioning and producing agreements;
- Manage the full life-cycle of contracts for presenting artists and productions, designers, directors, and other production crew, including creation, updating, maintenance and status tracking;
- Manage communication internally and externally, and all logistics related to hosting visiting national and international performers, artists, designers, and companies, prior to and throughout their residencies at The Wallis, including travel, transportation, schedule, housing, rental cars, per diem, and parking;
- Responsible for itinerary changes, house seats and complimentary ticket requests and maintaining current contact lists of physicians, physical therapists for any medical needs of visiting artists;
- Manage national and international travel and lodging for Wallis Senior staff;
- Collect all necessary tax compliance forms from visiting artists;
- Maintain up-to-date contract language for, and report theater season statistics to, unions (SDC, USA), tax board and internal departments (HR, Accounting), as needed;
- Confirm producer licensing fee and author royalties, process show royalties and other settlements;
- Manage acquisition of visas required for visiting international artists and companies;
- Manage and maintain good working relationships with all vendors and corporate sponsorship partners;
- Oversee contractual payment obligations for artists, visiting companies as well as creative and production team and track accordingly;
- Actively engage with visiting artists and companies to make their experience at The Wallis a rewarding one;
- Demonstrate a willingness to take the most effective role in the Artistic/Production team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a related management field;
- Knowledge of and experience working with theatrical unions, including IATSE, AEA, USA, SDC and AFM;
- Thorough familiarity with Excel and Word required;
- Ability to plan ahead and facilitate in problem-solving;
- Strong organizational and written and oral communication skills;
- Capacity to solve problems and engage in creative thinking about challenges;
- Clear understanding of the artistic process and excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to work a varying schedule, including nights and weekends;
- Experience with touring productions and international artists is a plus;
- College degree, or equivalent professional experience, is required.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
This is a full-time position with 100% paid medical benefits, including dental, vision and life insurance ($25,000) for the employee, paid vacation, personal and sick days, 401k and paid parking. Complimentary tickets are occasionally available for performances and events at The Wallis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume to email@example.com and include Production Administrator in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and encourages applicants of any age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or gender.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts administration, communication, performing arts, and production. States: California.
Please Share the Production Admininstrator job: