Full-Time Performing Arts Programs Coordinator
• JOB TITLE: Performing Arts Programs Coordinator
• DEPARTMENT: Program & Pedagogy
• REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Performing Arts
• STATUS: Non-Exempt
• CLASSIFICATION: Temporary, Full-Time (37.5 hours/week, Benefited)
• SCHEDULE: Schedule will include events, evenings, & weekends
• COMPENSATION: $29/hr
• DIRECT REPORTS: None
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is one of the nation’s most innovative contemporary art centers. From our leading edge exhibitions, performances, and films, to our groundbreaking civic initiatives and community partnerships, YBCA is where creativity, people, and new ideas collide.
Mission: We generate culture that moves people.
Vision: A community that thrives on inspiration.
YBCA is a new kind of art center. One that expands and extends its impact beyond its walls. A center that convenes creative souls from all walks of life to instigate actions and spur movements that transform our cities and our lives. A center that’s in constant, conscious evolution, on the front lines of societal change.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a Temporary, 6-month benefited role to support our Performing Arts department. The Performing Arts Programs Coordinator is primarily responsible for the implementation of performing arts community rental events under the direction of the Associate Director of Performing Arts. The Coordinator will also be available to provide artist services support for the Fall curated performances. This position provides planning, guidance, and follow-up for each event to ensure that relevant event information is communicated effectively and that proper procedures are followed from event conception to close. The Coordinator works collaboratively with many internal teams to build and sustain deep relationships within the local performing arts community, develop a strong audience base, and provide the best possible visitor experience at all events.
Approximate Start Date: July 10, 2018
Approximate End Date: Dec 21, 2018
Mandatory training with Performing Arts Programs Manager to be scheduled in late June and early July. Dates for training are flexible. Employee training will be fully compensated at the same hourly rate:
• Training on USI (this is the event management software and calendar)
• YBCA Events Management – overview
• Performing Arts Department protocols
Community Rentals Program:
Chinese Opera Fundraiser for Gum Moon Women’s Residence, July 15, 2018, YBCA Theatre
American Orient Performance Arts presents Chinese Opera, August 11-12, 2018, YBCA Theater
Lamplighters Music Theater presents The Pirates of Penzance, August 15-18, YBCA Theater
Gregory Dawson, August 23-25, 2018, YBCA Theater
Garrett + Moulton Productions 2018 Performance Season, September 6 – 9, YBCA Theater
Garrett + Moulton Reception, September 9, Grand Lobby
Alonzo King LINES Ballet Fall Season, October 10 – 14, YBCA Theater
ODC Dance presents The Velveteen Rabbit, November 24-December 9, YBCA Theater
ODC Dance Presents Milk & Cookies, November 25, YBCA Forum
Smuin Christmas Ballet, December 14 – 24, YBCA Theater
Performing Arts Curated shows:
Holcombe Waller’s Workshops, September, Grace Cathedral
Holcombe Waller Rehearsals, October, Grace Cathedral
Holcombe Waller’s Requiem Mass: A Queer Rite, November 16-17, Grace Cathedral
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships and present a positive image of the organization to the public, patrons, clients, and artists.
• Work closely with the Associate Director of Performing Arts to schedule, plan, and manage the community rental and performing arts events listed above.
• Coordinate with Events, Facilities, IT, House Management, Production and Accounting teams to manage resources for events.
• Compile and manage financial expenses for complete billing statements with proper documentation (estimates, payments, and final settlements) for Accounting Department. Provide timely payments to clients.
• Generate and maintain event files, contracts, facility expense estimates, information sheets, technical information and run sheets, room diagrams, permits for performances and events.
• Respond as needed to inquiries regarding use of facilities for rental activity. Explain policies, lead tours, manage cost estimates in conjunction with other operational teams
• Advise community partners, clients, vendors and/or subcontractors of regulations and policies for use of Center facilities. Ensure compliance with the Center’s requirements and policies.
• Responsible for on-site management as delegated by the Associate Director of Performing Arts, problem-identification and resolution at YBCA events.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in the Performing Arts
• At least 3 years relevant experience in arts administration and events planning/coordination
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to problem-solve and develop contingency plans as needed.
• Familiarity with operational/technical requirements of a visual, performing arts, and/or media organization. Experience working with theatrical/service unions and a basic understanding of production support services a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail and capacity to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Experience working effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Comfortable working with sensitive or explicit contemporary art and performance.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ticketing and event management software (Ungerboeck, EMS, Artifax) or other event management experience is necessary.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefit, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Please include “PA Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49)
Please Share the Performing Arts Programs Coordinator job: