Theatre Facility Maintenance Person
The 5th Avenue Theatre is seeking Theatre Facilities Maintenance Person to join our team.
About The 5th
The 5th Avenue Theatre is one of America’s leading musical theater companies. We enrich the community we love with the art form we love—giving the Pacific Northwest a front-row seat to original powerhouse productions that go on to light up marquees and audiences all the way to Broadway. From the page to the stage, we bring passion and epic scale to every musical we create. With big talent. Bigger-than-life productions. And did we mention dazzle? As a nonprofit theater company and our region’s largest performing arts employer, we spread the joy of great musicals with people of all ages across our region and state.
Each year, we reach more than 75,000 young people through our nationally acclaimed education programs. Programs designed to develop new musicals ensure that the next generation of great musicals will be there to tell the stories that captivate tomorrow’s audiences. On the national stage, we are a leading voice for the power of this American art form to lift the human spirit.
For more information about The 5th Avenue Theatre, its season and its programs, please visit www.5thavenue.org
The 5th Avenue Theatre and the communities we serve are on the land and waterways of the Coast Salish people who have continuously inhabited our region since time immemorial. They are the original storytellers and theater-makers of this place we call home.
We also acknowledge and honor the Tribal nations across Washington State and the many Indigenous peoples from across the country who also live and work in the Seattle area. As we step into this new period of The 5th’s history, we hope to honor their legacies and bring greater attention to their continuing fight for equity and recognition.
At The 5th Avenue Theatre, we are actively working towards goals as an anti-racist organization, you can learn more about our work and statement here: www.5thavenue.org/about/anti-racism-at-the-5th/
As a member of the Front of House Staff, the Theatre Facilities Maintenance Person works during performances and events to ensure an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for patrons of the venue, performers, staff and visitors. They perform a variety of cleaning operations and assist in the preparation of facilities and equipment for performances and events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, dusting and polishing
• Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
• Assists in theater chair removal and storage of our ADA seating
• Assists Front of House Staff with patron mobility issues and non-motorized patron mobility equipment during performances and events.
• Delivers and/or sets up a variety of items (i.e. supplies, chairs, tables, furniture, stanchions, etc.) to appropriate parties or destinations within the venue.
• Maintains supplies and equipment (i.e. cleaning solutions, paper products, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of the custodial items required to properly maintain facilities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Essential knowledge and Qualifications:
• Proven experience as a custodian or housekeeper
• Customer Oriented and friendly
• Handles reasonable requests with professionalism and patience
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment and problem solve quickly.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Flexibility in schedule is a necessity; irregular work hours may include nights, holidays and weekends.
• Covid19 Compliance Certification not required but welcomed.
Compensation & Benefits:
This position starts at $16-18 per hour
Part Time employees may be eligible for some benefits, depending on regular schedule and hours worked. Employees also receive two comp tickets to most shows on opening night
Position Reports to: Cassie Hohn, Front of House Manager
Position Classification: Part Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Application information & Timeline:
Applications from those who have been traditionally underrepresented in the theatrical industry are strongly encouraged. We are striving for our staff to be inclusive of a diverse and vibrant community that represents multiple identities, perspectives & influences. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume & 2-3 references by October 10th that explains your qualifications for the position to HumanResources@5thavenue.org.
Please include “Theatre Facilities Maintenance” in the subject line.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis starting in September until all positions have been filled. It is our goal to have staff in place as soon as possible with trainings happening October through December. Performances & regular scheduled shifts are currently planned to resume in January 2022.
A background check will be required upon offer of position.
The 5th Avenue Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The 5th Avenue will be requiring Covid-19 Vaccinations for all employees as of October, 4th 2021, with considerations for Medical & Religious exemptions.
The 5th Avenue Theatre, located in the Skinner Building at 1326 5th Avenue, in downtown Seattle.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: facility, performance, porter, and theatre. States: Washington.
Please Share the Theatre Facility Maintenance Person job: