Full-Time Patron Services Manager
Golden Thread Productions and Crowded Fire Theater are seeking a Patron Services Manager.
This is a joint staff position serving both companies, who already share rehearsal and administrative space and each produce two shows per year at Potrero Stage. This unique position is an ideal early career opportunity for a candidate with an interest in future growth.
ABOUT Golden Thread Productions – is the first American theatre company dedicated to Middle Eastern cultures and identities as represented throughout the globe. We are an artistic home to people of all cultural backgrounds focused on developing and producing aesthetically varied and viscerally engaging theatrical work from and about the Middle East.
Crowded Fire Theater – seeks to contribute to the creation of a contemporary canon that truly reflects the world in which we live. In addition to a mainstage season, we offer a robust new play development program where we explore inventive writing forms and innovative design, selecting plays that disrupt and complicate comfortable notions of cultural hierarchy and experiment with form.
This critical position will be the welcoming face and voice for all donors and patrons, and will be in charge of ensuring a positive experience for our community at Golden Thread and Crowded Fire. The Patron Services Manager will work in close collaboration with senior staff members to provide support for marketing and development as well as administrative services for our patrons and donors. This team role supports our audience and donor development goals by providing exceptional community-minded, customer-based service, processing accurate box office and donation information, and serving as a public liaison for the company via ticket sales, donations and community engagement activities. Working collaboratively with the teams on both theaters, this position will help to uphold an organizational culture of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
The position of Patron Services Manager will begin as a non-exempt 20-hour a week part-time job, reporting to the Managing Director at Crowded Fire; by January 2019, the position will grow to include Golden Thread and will be full-time, with approximately 40 hours a week split evenly between each organization. Pay range is between $16-18/hour, commensurate with experience, paid at the end of each month.
Office headquarters are located in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood; some remote work may be possible. During productions (approximately 25 weeks out of the year), on-site evening and weekend hours are required.
Specific areas of focus include:
- Box Office and Front of House Management
- Manage all aspects of ticketing as it relates to events and transactions, including but not limited to event creation, pricing, discount coding, troubleshooting and reporting.
- Manage all ticketing fulfillment for VIPs, Pass holders, donors, sponsors, groups and special constituencies, including processing and filling approved charity requests and documenting complimentary ticket requests.
- Provide night of show box office and front of house service at the venue.
- Coordinate volunteer usher opportunities related to the theatre, including sign-ups, confirmation emails, orientation, and public information.
- Coordinate audience communication as the primary point of contact for patrons on email and phone, including box office requests, pre and post-show emails, audience survey data entry, and summary reports.
- Donor Services
- Process donations and gift acknowledgements.
- Coordinate renewal solicitations by pulling monthly donor information, merging data, printing and mailing materials.
- Provide major donor prospect support and existing donor cultivation and benefit fulfillment, through database reporting and maintenance.
- Contact Management
- Track and maintain data on patrons and donors, contacts and other relevant information in patron management databases.
- Create and run reports from the database as per marketing and development department requests.
- Assist with a database transition for Crowded Fire Theater (planned implementation in 2019).
- Customer service orientation, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to look ahead.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with multiple communication styles.
- Background in sales or membership and familiarity with online databases desired.
- Experience in fundraising, a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be politically aware and sensitive to the plurality of thought and culture both within the Middle East and its world-wide diaspora and a multiplicity of other cultures.
Interested candidates should email a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining their interest in the position and our organizations, along with the names of three references, to bethanyh@CrowdedFire.org, subject line: Patron Services Manager Position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will remain open until the position is filled. Early submissions are encouraged. No phone calls or packets by regular mail, please. Further information at http://www.crowdedfire.org/opportunities/ or https://www.goldenthread.org/about/opportunities/
Crowded Fire Theater Company and Golden Thread Productions provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or gender. Crowded Fire is a member of Theater Communications Group’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Institute.
Please Share the Patron Services Manager job: