Part-Time Part Time Sound Engineer
The Sound Engineer is responsible for the partial sound operation of Teatro ZinZanni’s two and ½ hour live dining experience. The Sound Engineer provides sound for band and performers. Must be able to operate a fast moving show with lots of cues comfortably. This position is responsible for the care and maintenance of the sound equipment and band equipment while working.
Teatro ZinZanni Chicago presents a full evening of entertainment, combining cirque artists, European cabaret, contortionists, jugglers and illusionists with live music and a gourmet multi-course meal. Set in an antique jewel box tent imported from Belgium, our newest venue will open in July 2019.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operates the sound console for specific shows, as decided by the PSM and
- Work with PSM and Sound Supervisor on sound related needs
- Keep gear in working order ensuring that all equipment is working at the highest level
- Continually review and listen for sound quality throughout the tent, adjusting speakers and equipment as needed.
- Able to work with sound designers
- Will assist the Sound Supervisor on quality control, regular maintenance and repair of sound equipment
- Prepare microphones and sound system for rehearsals as requested
- Archive audio files on server
General Sound Operations
- Attend production meeting and other meetings as needed
- Responsible for lobby sound, backstage and dressing room systems and maintenance during operation
- Interacts with the band on a nightly basis
- Promotes positive team atmosphere onsite
- Coordinates maintenance notes with the Sound Supervisor
- Shut down and secure the sound system upon nightly departure
- Keep the sound booth clean and organized
- Maintain sound storage areas
- Familiar with Yamaha board operations as well as other digital consoles
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a positive attitude and providing positive “public relations”
- Able to be present and on time for meetings, rehearsal and show calls.
- Able to provide timely completion of duties and meet deadlines. Able to issue requests for assistance when appropriate
- Able to work and communicate well with all types of staff utilizing voice mail, email, computers, copiers, and proper use of memos and other office communications.
- Completely tech savvy in all sound operations
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Able to maintain confidences
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Respectful of the rights of others
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
- 3 years professional live sound experience
- Experience mixing complicated live shows a requirment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communicator, comfortable with working with the band and PSM on any problems that arise
- Past experience using lavalier microphones for a group of at least 12
- Calm presence
- Works well collaborating with people
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent ear for detail
- Knowledge of technical production
- Ability to articulate and communicate problems
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
NOTES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
May be requested to work at additional on site events.
Required to provide and wear dress blacks for all working calls as determined by management.
Works in a performance environment. Position deals directly with the cast, band, and restaurant staff and customers. Primary show schedule is Wednesday through Sunday. The Sound Engineer runs shows as needed. Schedule is organized by the PSM, in collaboration with Sound Supervisor.
Call times are:
Wednesday-Sunday evening: 3:00p -11:00p
Matinee Performances : 9:00a-4:00p
Employee should arrive 15 minutes prior to any scheduled meeting/work call. The primary schedule will change due to show calendar revisions/ticket sales. Changeovers and holidays will require additional hours and/or days.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://zinzanni.com/jobs/#Chicago
TZ Chicago LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment (including application for employment) on any basis including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by Local, State, and Federal Law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on TZ Chicago LLC.
Please contact TZ Chicago LLC if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please Share the Part Time Sound Engineer job: