Part-Time Part-Time Associate Faculty
Start Date: Immediate
Location: New York Campus
Founded in 1884, The American Academy of Dramatic Arts is the first conservatory for actors in the English-speaking world. The Academy is an accredited, degree-granting institution with campuses in Los Angeles and New York. With an unmatched history and rich legacy, the Academy honors its past while continually striving to maintain its place at the forefront of training and creativity. To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.aada.edu
The American Academy of Dramatic Arts is seeking part-time Associate Faculty in the Professional Actor Training Program at its New York campus. The first acting conservatory in the English-speaking world, the Academy serves a diverse student population from across the US and abroad at its campuses in New York City and Los Angeles. With regional and national accreditations, the Academy seeks to attract a professionally active, ethnically diverse faculty and invites applications from candidates in the following areas:
- Movement and Alexander Technique. The Academy invites applicants with a strong background in physical use and body awareness practices to teach actor-centered beginning to intermediate Movement techniques. An emphasize on breath, experiential anatomy and kinesiology, and release work is preferred, and those with training and certifications in Swings Technique, Feldenkrais, Body-Mind Centering and Neutral Mask are of particular interest. Certified teachers of the Alexander Technique with an understanding of performance disciplines are also encouraged to apply to teach first year AT classes. A collaborative spirit and a willingness to hone pedagogy with other instructors are necessary.
- Voice & Speech. The Academy invites applicants with a strong background in contemporary vocal pedagogies. Specific duties include teaching introductory to intermediate voice and speech; experiential anatomy and physiology; the International Phonetic Alphabet; text and language; accents and dialects. Certification in Fitzmaurice, Linklater, or Rodenberg as well as Alexander Technique and Knight-Thompson Speechwork a plus. Candidates must have a strong interest in personal pedagogical development, reflective practice, and collaboration toward curriculum development.
- MA or MFA and/or significant professional performance and teaching experience also required.
- 1-2 years of job-related experience
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter to: email@example.com .
Documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF formats only.
The American Academy of Dramatic Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: acting, arts education, associate, and teacher. States: New York.
Please Share the Part-Time Associate Faculty job: