Full-Time Operations Associate
Golden Thread Productions and Crowded Fire Theater are seeking an Operations Associate. This is a joint administrative position serving both theater companies, which already share rehearsal and administrative space. Each produces two shows per year at Potrero Stage. This unique position is an ideal opportunity for a candidate interested in a career in non-profit arts management.
PURPOSE – Under the direct supervision of senior staff members, this key position will provide project support for marketing, development, patron services, and operations. This team member will foster our audience and donor development goals by providing exceptional customer service, processing accurate box office and donation information, and performing back-end donor cultivation procedures. Additionally this position will assist with basic marketing, outreach and operational projects as needed.
- Processing ticket requests for patrons, VIPs, pass-holders, donors, sponsors, and groups. Answering patron phone and email ticketing questions.
- Preparing pre- and post-show patron emails.
- Providing show night patron support as needed.
Front of House (FOH)
- Coordinate FOH volunteers, including conducting outreach and managing shift sign ups.
- Maintain concession supplies and merchandise.
- Assist with setting up the lobby, including preparing supplies and moving equipment.
- Process donations and gift acknowledgements.
- Pull monthly donor information, merge data, and print and mail materials for renewal solicitations.
- Provide support for major and recurring donor cultivation and benefits fulfillment through database and donor prospect reporting.
- Maintain patron, donor and other contact information in patron management database to ensure accuracy.
- Assist Marketing and Development departments by creating and running reports as requested.
Marketing and Outreach Support
- Support relationships with outreach partners by providing show information, representing both theaters at events, and distributing outreach materials.
- Provide marketing support through poster and postcard distribution to partner sites, posting on social media, and press packet preparation.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake special projects and provide administrative support under the direction of the leadership team and in collaboration with other team members, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the teams of both theaters to help uphold an organizational culture of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Project management skills, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze priorities and manage workflow.
- Ability to work both independently and on projects with others.
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities, with a flexible and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to look ahead.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with varied communication styles.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, including Word, Excel, Email and Google; familiarity with CRM, online databases, and social media desired.
- Experience in fundraising, a plus.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion, and the ability to work with diverse groups of artists and audiences. The ideal candidate will be politically aware and sensitive to the plurality of thought and culture both within the Middle East and its world-wide diaspora.
- Must be able to push or pull objects weighing up to 30 pounds, and lift or carry objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
We believe that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
This is a full-time non-exempt, 40 hour per week job, reporting to the Managing Directors of Crowded Fire and Golden Thread. Pay range is between $18-$20/hour, commensurate with experience. Our offices are located in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood. During productions, some on-site evening and weekend hours will be required.
Crowded Fire Theater Company and Golden Thread Productions provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or gender. Crowded Fire is a former member and Golden Thread is a current member of Theater Communications Group’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Institute.
Please email a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and our organizations, along with the names and contact information for three or more references, to bethanyh@CrowdedFire.org, subject line: Operations Associate. Please make sure that references are from current and/or former supervisors and that information includes names, phone numbers, and the name of the organization where you worked with each person.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will the position will remain upon until filled. Early submissions are encouraged. No phone calls or packets by regular mail, please.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, associate, marketing, non-profit, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Operations Associate job: