Development & Special Events Assistant
SculptureCenter→ New York, United States
SculptureCenter seeks a Development & Special Events Assistant to play a crucial role in the planning and execution of the organization’s fundraising strategy and donor engagement. The position reports directly to the Director of Development and supports all members of the Development team as well as the Director. This position is hybrid (work from home, on-site in Long Island City, and off-site for events), with a minimum of 3 days/week in office.
- Location: Hybrid: Long Island City, NY
- Salary: $45 000 to $50 000 (Annual)
- Benefits: SC currently offers health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401k (including employer match); paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave; and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Special Event Production
- Production for fundraising events, including but not limited to: SculptureCenter Annual Gala, exhibition openings, dinners, cocktails, and cultivation events
- Schedule and coordinate interdepartmental events meetings
- Maintain inventory of Development special event supplies
- Provide on-site event support (including load in and load out) for all Development events, including rentals
- Liaise with external vendors and internal departments, organizing site visits and walkthroughs as needed
- Create production schedules and coordinate with front of house staff on staffing plans
- Assist with selection of décor and sourcing of event elements
- Make recommendations for the improvement of internal systems
- Other duties as assigned
Donor Communications and Data
- Assist in scheduling meetings for Director and Development department
- Build invitation lists, working closely with key contacts across SC to ensure that important audiences are represented
- Receive and process guest responses for events
- Track activity and guest attendance using Blackbaud CRM
- Draft invoices, process gifts, and create acknowledgment letters in support of fundraising events
- Create and distribute event memos and face sheets to SC leadership and frontline fundraising staff
- Pull event attendance reports and distribute interdepartmentally, highlighting key guests
- Conduct prospect research, build prospect lists, research potential donors, and confidentially maintain donor records
- Maintain data migration from internal tracking systems to Blackbaud database, spearheading the data integration process and regular deduping for data integrity
- Assist in troubleshooting and developing best practices for database as needed
Development Department Support
- Build corporate prospect lists and support the development of new brand partnerships
- Monthly expense reporting for the Development department
- 1-2 years relevant non-profit experience in a fast-paced work environment, preferably in the arts and culture sector
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Google Workspace, and Mac OS required
- Familiarity with CRM software and database management a plus
- Strong writing, editing, and interdepartmental and external communication skills
- Must be highly-organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated to work in a hands-on environment with a small and dedicated team
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Creative problem-solver
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work weekends and after hour events
Approximately 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of this position’s responsibilities, on-site and off-site work are both necessary and required.
The Development & Special Events Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position. Working or attending events outside of regularly scheduled office hours is a requirement of this position. Flex time may be taken at the discretion of the supervisor based on the needs of the department. Work is primarily performed in an office environment as well as in event spaces and off-site locations relevant to fundraising activities.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume, as attachments, to HR@sculpture-center.org with “Development & Events Assistant – 2023” in the subject line.
No telephone calls please.
SculptureCenter is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
New York, United States
Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: assistant, development, events, exhibition, fund-raising, non-profit, and sculpture. States: New York.