Contract Music Teacher
The San Angelo Broadway Academy Youth Theatre is a non-profit educational program that has been providing San Angelo and the surrounding areas with the finest performing arts programs in music, theatre, and dance education for the past 12 years. The program currently serves over 700 students per year across all programs.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated, and qualified voice/piano teacher with a passion for music education and children. The current position has an established student client base of 30 plus students with the opportunity to expand. The ideal candidate would be a Piano and Voice Teacher who is looking for a Part-Time position with flexible hours, and who is able to teach beginner to advanced students of all ages, and styles. Candidate must be available to work afternoons and evenings; Monday- Thursday (Friday optional). SABA offers flexible schedules, performance opportunities, and a stimulating work environment.
This position will start no later than February 25th. This position may also be separated into a voice and piano teacher if a combined teacher is not available for hire.
-Bachelor of Music Degree (or higher) preferred, or equivalent years of teaching experience (Vocal Performance/Pedagogy or Certificate in CCM/Pedagogy a plus)
-At least 2 years of teaching experience in a private/group settings
– Experience teaching both child and adolescent voice (both beginner and advanced)
– Must demonstrate an understanding of music concepts and be able to communicate those concepts effectively to students
– Must have an advanced understanding of music theory and technique relevant to primary instrument
– Effective time management and organizational skills to keep students on task in a lesson
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities
– Knowledge of Musical Theatre repertory and/or willingness to learn
– Experience with music direction of productions/or willingness to learn
– Keyboard skills to accompany students in lessons
– Ability to interact effectively with children and adults
-Ability to pass a background check
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Teach students the fundamentals of music (mainly voice) with available hours Monday-Thursday 3pm-8pm (Fridays and Saturdays are at the discretion of the teacher).
– Responsible for creating individualized lesson plans
– Communicate regularly with parents on progress of students.
– Teach students beginner to advanced age ranging from 6-20+ years old (majority of the students are school-age). **Piano students are beginner based students
A competitive compensation is offered commensurate with level of education and teaching experience. $18-$30 per hour
Benefits of Working with San Angelo Broadway Academy Youth Theatre
-You are paid whether or not your students attend each lesson
– Constant influx of new students to maximize your salary
– Professional and positive teaching environment and support from other music educators
-Administrative Staff to handle scheduling, issues, payments so you focus only on your lessons!
– Additional opportunities to work summer musical theatre camps, design new vocal programs, and much more!
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Categories: Music. Job Types: Contract. Job Tags: education, music, musical theatre, non-profit, teacher, and theatre. States: Texas.
Please Share the Music Teacher job: