Full-Time Cataloger – Drawings and Prints
• Works with curatorial staff in examining, researching, and cataloging the Museum’s collection of drawings and prints, including ephemera, as well as major archives of Fluxus and Conceptual art.
• Assists with processing new acquisitions.
• Enters information into computer for Museum archival records, updating when changes occur.
• Assists with storage solutions for new acquisitions and other collection works. Prepares collection-related documents: receipts, catalogue sheets, framing orders, and acquisition lists.
• Maintains routine collection data, records, and files, including artist questionnaires, non-exclusive licenses, caption approvals, conservation records, correspondence, and other Museum-wide collection initiatives.
• Researches artists and collection objects. Helps to coordinate collection photography and imaging requests, and photographs incoming acquisitions and other collection works as needed.
• May occasionally assist with visitors to Study Center, including vetting files for outside researchers.
• Helps to maintain departmental reference library.
• Performs routine administrative duties. Serves as backup to department assistants.
• Reports to senior curatorial titles.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in art history, general knowledge of 20th-century art and works on paper, and familiarity with drawings and prints techniques.
• Prior experience with works of art and collections organization preferred.
• Prior cataloging and general office experience preferred.
• Detail-oriented and well organized. Knowledge of databases and data processing. Strong research and communication skills (written and oral) preferred. Accurate typing required.
• Ability to collaborate and balance concurrent short- and long-term projects.
HOW TO APPLY
The Museum of Modern Art job application guidelines
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
By email: email@example.com (most preferred option)
By fax: (212) 333-1107
By mail: The Museum of Modern Art
The Department of Human Resources
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
If submitting by email, please send us your resume and cover letter as one document in PDF format.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Please Share the Cataloger – Drawings and Prints job: