Full-Time Graphic Designer
Under the direction of the Director of Creative and Interactive Media and the Art Director, the Graphic Designer will perform a wide variety of graphic design functions for the Museum. This includes design and production of brochures, direct mail, invitations, type treatments, signs, advertisements, and web and mobile graphics.
- Receive information, ideas, requests, and written and verbal direction from creative director and art director
- Design and produce a variety of print materials, managing process from start to finish, including participation in client meetings, creating comps, trafficking proofs, securing estimates, and print production supervision
- Work independently to develop concepts and layouts for new publications; generate multiple solutions for review by supervisors and clients
- Act as project manager for print publications from initial meetings to delivery to printers
- Research photography, prepare and crop images for print, web, and mobile use
- Art direct photo shoots of public events, exhibitions, and Museum visitors
- Communicate and collaborate frequently with staff members from a variety of departments: education, curatorial, external relations, marketing, retail, exhibitions, and others
- Communicate frequently with outside vendors—printers, editors, designers, photographers—to assure quality and maintain deadlines
- Participate in reviews of visual design of Museum website, mfa.org
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Three to five years of experience as a graphic designer
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and MS Office
- Strong information design skills, including the ability to take a raw manuscript and assets, and organize into a clear, effective publication
- Familiarity with design of icons and information graphics
- Comfort working with project management software like Basecamp and Trello
- Familiarity with web or interactive design
- Familiarity with art and art history
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of graphic design trends and best practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a term position, with full-time benefits, through June 30, 2021.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also submit your materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
Please Share the Graphic Designer job: