Full-Time Exhibition Designer – Museum
• Develops and implements exhibition designs from concept to installation for the Museum’s robust exhibition program.
• Employs a variety of visualization techniques (drawing, 3-D rendering, model making) and works collaboratively with curators and artists.
• Responsible for the design of small and large temporary exhibitions and permanent-collection galleries, including gallery architecture, layout of objects, exhibition furniture, display cases, and media environments.
• Leads the exhibition design and production process through construction and installation, creating construction documents and overseeing in-house and contracted building crews and fabricators to meet exhibition schedules on time and within budget.
• Develops and oversees design and production budgets on multiple projects and facilitates exhibition schedules.
• Works collaboratively and efficiently with key internal departments including curatorial, Registrar, Conservation, Exhibition Administration and Planning, Graphic Design and Advertising, AV, Security, and Visitor Engagement, as well as outside contractors.
• Devises creative solutions for the responsible display of art and creates exhibitions that consider and engage the visitor. Reports to Director, Exhibition Design and Production.
• Bachelor’s degree in art or a design-related field and five years progressively responsible experience in exhibition design, architecture, set design, industrial design, or equivalent.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously at various phases.
• Ability to form and maintain successful working relationships with Museum staff, designers, and artists.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and other standard office procedures and equipment. Knowledge of a 3-D rendering program a plus.
• Knowledge of 20th- and 21st-century art preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
MoMA Jobs application guidelines
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
By e-mail: email@example.com
By fax: (212) 333-1107
By mail: The Museum of Modern Art
The Department of Human Resources
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
Please Share the Exhibition Designer – Museum job: