Part-Time Digital Media Designer, Digital Education
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is looking for a Digital Media Designer who can work with our diverse team to bring to life strategies, stories, and ideas.
You will oversee developing a variety of digital media ranging from podcasts to virtual reality.
You will report to and work with the Production Manager, Office of Digital Education to create and incubate a collection of exciting, and groundbreaking digital offerings.
What You’ll Do
Digital Media Delivery
- Be a creative lead for digital media production (podcasts/videocasts)
- Create, record, and edit digital media for online transmission
- Source all relevant resources, including equipment, content, and guests
- Conceptualize and create media of different styles that support all disciplines at Ross
- Work with the video production team on the creation and production of video assets
- Film and direct on-site and in-studio video content for curricular and co-curricular use
- Work with Ross faculty to brainstorm on digital asset creations and identify opportunities to incorporate multimedia and video components
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new practices and tools and apply insights to related research (e.g., contribute to publication of findings, help prepare written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals)
- Film, organize, and direct in-studio synchronous digital teaching sessions
- Contribute to content quality, control, evaluation, and oversight
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of related experience
- Experience in sound and video editing
- Experience empathizing with a variety of diverse audiences
- Experience of higher education environment
- Progressive experience in project management and people management including successful launch and implementation of new projects
- Storyboard ideas for approval
- Experience with Adobe Cloud and Apple software to create motion graphics
- Experience across a variety of media including a fluency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop; additional skills in Sketch, After Effects, and digital prototyping tools
- Experience with file formats and codecs used in video production
- Ongoing commitment to improving skills, acquiring new technical knowledge, and staying current with creative design trends
It would also be great if you had
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Expertise in new program development in the higher education environment
- International radio and television production experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Requires travel to multiple site locations to conduct work and provide materials
- You present information at events
- You occasionally move through the facility to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- Will require work during early mornings, nights, or weekends
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future.
- Generous time off, a retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting, many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, include your salary requirements, and outline experience that directly relates to this position.
Digital Media Designer, Digital Education
Job # 192493
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
The job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: advertising, arts, design, designer, education, graphic design, and media. States: Michigan.
Please Share the Digital Media Designer, Digital Education job: