Full-Time Lead Developer – Information Technology
Provides hands-on technical leadership and participates in architectural decision-making.
Independently manages new features from design through production release.
Delivers tested and optimized performance code. Works with business teams to manage timelines, prioritize feature requests, and resolve bugs.
Works with external vendors to build out new functionality and integrations between MoMA’s systems and third-party applications.
Contributes to and/or leads the development of technical design, which supports robust solutions that address business challenges.
Creates technical specifications and appropriate test plans.
Conducts peer code reviews and acts as resource for other developers.
Reports to Associate Director of Applications.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
• Eight or more years of professional software development experience.
• Technical leadership experience. Knowledge of various software development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
• Background in Salesforce development or Demandware (now Commerce Cloud) is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments.
• Experience working with external consultants and offshore teams.
• Successful candidates must stay current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
• Exceptional candidates will have experience with: OOP, responsive design, mobile Web, accessibility, Web services, AJAX, JSON, SQL Server, and MySQL.
Familiarity with standard apps for software development: JIRA, BitBucket, Slack, Jenkins, Github.
HOW TO APPLY
MoMA Jobs application guidelines
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
By e-mail: email@example.com (most preferred option)
By fax: (212) 333-1107
By mail: The Museum of Modern Art
The Department of Human Resources
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
Please Share the Lead Developer – Information Technology job: