Milford Branch Director
Milford Branch Director Job description
To carry out all duties the Milford Branch Director is responsible for under the direction of the Dean, and subject to approval of the President and CEO.
Scope of Position:
The Milford Brach director is responsible for overseeing all operations, programs and activities of the Milford Branch and of Kent and Sussex County, Delaware for the School, including related satellite and outreach sites, partnerships, and community relations
Hours of operation:
During the academic school year is (Monday- Thursday) 10:00-6:00; Saturdays 9:00-5:00; some evenings and occasional Sundays.
Music School is closed for major holidays.
The Milford Branch Director of The Music School of Delaware devotes substantially all of his/her business time, attention, skill and efforts to perform the duties and responsibilities of the Milford Branch Director of the Music School. Such duties shall be carried out under the direction of the Dean, and subject to approval of the President and Chief Executive Officer and shall include but not be limited to:
- overseeing all operations, programs and activities of the Milford Branch and of Kent and Sussex County, Delaware for the School, including related satellite and outreach sites, partnerships, and community relations
- supervision of Milford Branch staff and faculty; development and implementation of music programs serving Kent and Sussex counties and adjacent areas
- overseeing Milford Branch faculty and student performance activities; participating in curricula review, assessment and development for Milford Branch and Outreach programs; recruitment and recommendation of faculty and staff; program development suitable to Milford Branch and related Kent/Sussex sites and opportunities
- participating in and implementing efforts to drive student recruitment and efforts to increase enrollment; serving as liaison to families and students of Kent and Sussex county programs;
- preparation and projections of program-related budgets and assistance in preparation of the overall annual budgets for the Music School, in cooperation with the Business Manager (CFO) and President/CEO
- responsibility to oversee the work of the faculty and evaluation of same; assistance in identifying potential program opportunities for grant funding and in preparing copy/content for grant requests related to the Kent/Sussex and related outreach programs and offerings (in cooperation with the Development Office and President/CEO)
- responsibility to oversee the work of the front desk; responsibility to manage the front desk and keep it appropriately staffed; participating in meetings as necessary at the Wilmington Branch site, and in strategic planning sessions, as requested
- working as appropriate with the Student Relations Team to evaluate student relations efforts in southern Delaware; making recommendations on appropriate opportunities for outreach opportunities; and searching for new opportunities
- thoroughly review all publications related to the Milford Branch – for content, for proofing, and for accuracy
- working closely with the Dean in coordinating the accreditation reviews, self-study and on-site visit processes in accordance with the accreditation schedules set by the school and by the accreditation commission
- participate with central office staff in fundraising and marketing advancements focused on Southern Delaware including taking a lead role in relationship-building in Kent and Sussex counties and with families of the school; and, other duties in keeping with your areas of responsibility.
- Employment as Branch Director includes maintaining a teaching schedule of a specific number of hours per week in an instrumental/vocal area (appropriate to your individual background) during the regular academic year and a summer teaching schedule, as approved by the Dean. It is anticipated that your schedule shall be not less than 40 hours/week and your routine weekly schedule shall be determined in consultation with the Dean and President of the school. You also agree to be on site and available for special events, branch performances, and other special activities in-keeping with your role as Milford Branch Director.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Milford and Wilmington branches
- Reports to the Dean regarding program and faculty/families
- Works with the Business Manager regarding administrative staff regarding staffing and administrative issues and challenges
- Works with the Facilities Manager on all issues regarding the building and associated repair work
- Works with the Technology Manager on all issues and opportunities related to technology
- Reports ultimately to the President and Chief Executive Officer of the School and to same regarding fundraising and community engagement matters.
- First Aid/CPR certified preferred. Background check required.
- Must be able to lift 35lbs
- Seasoned Manager/Leader
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Music Education, or Arts Management; Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Team-Oriented, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Supply Management. Ability to assist in the development of the organization from both macro and micro perspectives and approaches. Prior organizational leadership experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary – commensurate with experience
Send cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to Brian Criscuolo, bcriscuolo@musicschoolofdelaware.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, director, management, music, and school. States: Delaware.
Please Share the Milford Branch Director job: