Part-Time MFA Studio Manager
The MFA Studio Manager is responsible for assisting in the management and administration of the Dogpatch Studios, working closely with faculty and staff to support MFA students in the Fine Arts Division. MFA Studio Manager reports to the Fabrication Studio Operations Manager, San Francisco, and directly supervises the operation and use of the shop facilities and equipment at the Dogpatch MFA Studios.
The MFA Studio Manager works to create an open, accessible and safe learning environment that supports the Graduate Fine Arts curriculum, while fostering positive and professional studio culture at CCA. This person will collaborate closely with the Program Managers of Graduate Fine Arts to provide oversight of individual graduate studios, and community spaces, as well at the shop facilities, ensuring that health and safety regulations and CCA policies and procedures are applied consistently and correctly in the Dogpatch Studios. The Senior Studio Manager is responsible for purchasing and procuring equipment and materials to support operation of the studios and onsite shop. Experience in facility management basics is necessary. Knowledge of regulations for health, life, and safety as they apply to the full range of fine art practices is required.
This position is part-time, 24 hours per week: 12 noon – 8 pm Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
- Supports Academic Administration staff in oversight of individual graduate studios, and community spaces, including studio move-in and move-out processes.
- Works with graduate student cohort to create responsible and positive community.
- Management and oversight of day-to-day operations of CCA Dogpatch Studio Fabrication Shop.
- Manages procurement for the Dogpatch Studio Fabrication Shop and for general facility upkeep, including materials, supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Liaise with ETS to inventory printing supplies and communicate computer lab issues as required.
- Instructional resource; teaches students to use equipment and solve technical problems.
- Holds primary oversight for ensuring student understanding of dangerous shop equipment, health and safety regulations, and compliance with site requirements for appropriate material and process use.
- Coordinates with Facilities Department for major facility needs; oversees contractors’ work onsite.
- Develops orientation and studio policies to ensures shops and studios are safe and effective learning environments.
- Coordinates with Instructional Fabrication cohort to ensure consistent and efficient operation.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Offers back-up support for other CCA studios as needed.
- Manages students in distress and directs them as needed to CCA resources.
- Performs additional duties as required.
Location: San Francisco
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file. There is also a place in the application for you to provide a link to large documents. Please submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions.
For staff positions, screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
As an educational and cultural institution, California College of the Arts has a responsibility to provide access and opportunities for all people, with special attention to supporting groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
We believe that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts education, education, fine arts, manager, and teaching. States: California.
Please Share the MFA Studio Manager job: