Full-Time Metal Shop Worker
Bark Frameworks, an ultra-high-end, employee owned framing shop in LIC that has been leading the industry since 1969, seeks a qualified candidate to work in our metal room. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, experience working with metal, and a genuine desire to learn and grow as a craftsperson. Wood shop experience a plus. Candidate should be able to grind and sand metal, and should be prepared to demonstrate his or her metal working skills during the interview process. Please have solid references available.
If you are good at metalworking, work safely with machinery and tools, have a positive, collaborative personality, and an eye for detail, please send us your resume.
• Must be RELIABLE, collaborative, and a good communicator.
• Positive attitude, organized, and detail-oriented.
• Willingness and desire to learn and to be the best in the industry.
• Must work safely at all times, and be aware of safety guidelines (provided).
• Willingness to cross-train within the metal shop (table saw, drill press, etc.) and across departments.
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines when needed, adapt to a changing work schedule, and work overtime if necessary.
Skills and Experience:
• At least 1-2 years of metalworking experience REQUIRED.
• Experience in the fine art framing field a plus.
• Experience braising extruded aluminum and brass is a strong plus.
• Experience using a table saw a plus.
• Woodworking, crate-building, sanding, and/or finishing experience a plus.
• Ability to take precise measurements.
• A desire to do work of the highest level of craftsmanship.
• Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
• Experience working in manufacturing environment a plus.
• Health and Dental insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Company 401k plan
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Based on experience and skill level
How to Apply
If you have solid metalworking experience (woodworking experience also a plus) and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume, along with a brief summary of why you think you would be a good person for the job, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put HR: METAL SHOP in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every e-mail. We will contact those who seem like a good fit. Thank you.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: craft, design, and shop. States: New York.
Please Share the Metal Shop Worker job: