Part-Time Merchandising Associate
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is looking for a motivated individual with experience in a retail sales environment to assist the Merchandising Manager with Boutique operations at key performances during the upcoming season.
Experience with marketing promotions, merchandise sales, buying, and e-commerce is preferable.
This position will report to the Merchandising Manager as well as the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Assist patrons wishing to purchase merchandise at the theaters
- Set-up and display of Boutique items before and during performances
- Overseeing the set-up, sales, and breakdown of displays at performances which the Merchandising Manager cannot attend
- Researching products for upcoming season shows, special events, and gifts
- Marketing communications
- Creation of merchandise and vendor descriptions when needed
- Managing physical inventory and merchandising at Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
- Managing web shop product assortment and updating electronic and physical inventories
- Load-in and load-out of product and display pieces at the theater
- Handling of occasional customer service inquiries & web inquiries
- Contacting customers with any issues
- Maintain communication between vendors
- Order fulfillment
- Create signage and price sheets
- Helping coordinate volunteers prior to the performance weekend to determine
- Training volunteers on sales transactions and cash flow accountability
- Calculating financial transactions and gathering data used to create sales and item reports
- Assist in the brainstorming of potential new merchandise based on customer feedback and high sale items
Prior experience in a retail setting a must. Flexibility with schedule and availability on both weeknights and weekends is absolutely necessary. Customer service skills also a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong budgeting and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of IPad and apps, specifically Square
- Self-motivated and creative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Problem solving abilities
This is a part-time seasonal position.
Hours vary depending on performances.
Rate of pay is $12/hour.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Kristen Urban at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: associate, ballet, communication, finance, marketing, sales, and theatre. States: Pennsylvania.
Please Share the Merchandising Associate job: