Theater Light Board Operator/ Master Electrician
Job Status: Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Operations and Stage Manager
Start Date: Oct. 2022 – Feb. 2023
Salary Range: $4800-6,400 Monthly/DOE
This person operates the lighting system nightly and works with the Lighting Designer (LD) and Stage Manager (SM) to create the best show possible. This position works in advance of the show on the paperwork and installation plan for the lighting and electrics for the show. They work with the LD on the hang and focus and all of the cueing for the show. This position works with the LD and SM on the development of any lighting related props or special needs for the show. Need to have worked on an IOS board. They also work with the SM on all maintenance issues and schedules. This position is responsible for the care and maintenance of all of the lighting equipment. The Light Board Operator works to maintain the integrity of the Lighting Designer’s work. This position works with the LD and SM on the development of any lighting related props or special needs for the show.
● Works with the LD to generate and update lighting paperwork including: Inventory, dimmer schedule, channel hookup, magic sheet, pre and post show check lists.
● Program and operate Intelligent and/or Conventional Lighting console(s) for show
● Handles all lighting rentals if needed
● Collaborates with Designer, Director, SM, Artists in logistics pertaining to practical props and lighting needs
● Handles some lighting or electrical prop repairs if needed
● Performs or delegates all manipulation of lighting equipment inside venue including focus, cleaning, maintenance, and safety checks
● Maintains a monthly maintenance schedule
● Responsible for quality control, regular maintenance and repair of lighting equipment
● Ensure that company safety guidelines are followed and implemented on site
● Shut down and secure the lighting system upon nightly departure
● Keep the lighting booth clean and organize
● Helps to train the lighting sub
● Promotes positive team atmosphere onsite
● Attends rehearsal as requested by the SM or LD including all technical and dress Rehearsals
● Attend weekly production meeting and others as needed
● Must perform in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a positive attitude and providing positive “public relations.”
● Accountable. Able to be present and on time for meetings, rehearsal and show calls.
● Able to provide timely completion of duties: meet deadlines. Knows when to issue requests for assistance when appropriate.
● Ability to work and communicate well with all types of staff utilizing voicemail, email, computers, fax machines, copiers, and proper use of memos and other office communications.
● Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
● Must be able to maintain confidence.
● Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
● Respectful of the rights of others.
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
● 3 years professional stage lighting experience
● Excellent organizational skills
● Calm presence
● Works well collaborating with people
● Ability to lead others
● Excellent eye for detail
● Knowledge of technical production
● Ability to articulate and communicate problems
● Able and willing to work additional hours • Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide
● Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
● Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs
● Ability to program and operate various conventional and intelligent lighting consoles
● Knowledge of basic electrical invention and repair
● Able to lift 40 lbs.
Works in a theatrical environment. Must be able to lift & move 40lbs as is necessary in the normal flow of the day-to-day workload unassisted. Can work on a ladder when needed . Hours are general show hours 3pm- 10pm; pre-production rehearsal hours are TBD but most likely day and evening.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title the email: “TZ Master Electrician – Last name, First name”
Go to: zinzanni.com/seattle/jobs/ for Full job description and more information
TZ LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER DEDICATED TO A POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT (INCLUDING APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT) ON ANY BASIS INCLUDING RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, PREGNANCY, VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAW. APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES MAY BE ENTITLED TO REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION UNDER THE TERMS OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AND CERTAIN STATE OR LOCAL LAWS. A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IS A CHANGE IN THE WAY THINGS ARE NORMALLY DONE WHICH WILL ENSURE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT IMPOSING UNDUE HARDSHIP ON TZZ LLC. PLEASE CONTACT TZZ LLC IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION OR TO OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: electrician, lighting, operator, performing arts, and technical theatre. States: Washington.
Please Share the Theater Light Board Operator/ Master Electrician job: