Full-Time Marketing & PR Assistant
The Marketing & PR Assistant is a vital member of the Broadway In Cincinnati team, assisting the Director of Marketing & PR and the General Manager on all initiatives throughout the Broadway In Cincinnati season of shows presented at the Aronoff Center. Broadway in Cincinnati is part of the Broadway Across America (BAA) network and works in conjunction with our national marketing department.
Position Duties include (but not limited to):
· Working with designers to create all electronic, print and digital ads and collateral for all shows and season subscription campaigns, facilitating internal and show approvals for those ads, then trafficking final creative to media and printers
· Supporting execution and tracking of media plans for all shows
· Managing social media channels for Broadway in Cincinnati including monitoring activity, customer service, and producing social content and promotions
· Supporting Marketing & PR Director with press interviews and events, including escorting talent and overseeing interviews
· Writing press releases and media advisories
· Maintaining press database and identifying new press leads
· Managing Opening Night press invitations and RSVPs, attending all opening nights and staffing press table
· Assisting with execution of special events and promotions, subscriber events and post-show events
· Maintaining press clipping archive and create PR reporting for shows, maintain BiC press resource site
· Managing event listings on community arts sites
· Facilitating Broadway in Cincinnati accounts payables
· Facilitating Playbill proofing and content
· Actualizing marketing budgets and ad settlement delivery for each show and for season campaign
· Some office management duties as assigned
· Some ticketing system use for promotional and donated tickets
· Position may include guest service, basic graphic design, some content writing.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills needed:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Theatre or Arts Administration preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
· Attention to detail, excellent writing skills and strong proof-reading and copy-editing skills are essential.
· Ability to work on multiple projects at a time with good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
· Ability to take a positive team approach to working with co-workers locally and on national teams.
· Strong familiarity with social media channels.
· Graphic design, photography, ticketing system or video experience not essential, but is a plus.
· Familiarity with and enthusiasm for theatre is preferred.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
Some travel may be required.
Reliable transportation to venue and events needed.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Broadway in Cincinnati office at the Aronoff Center in downtown Cincinnati. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental plan options, 401(k) plan and more.
Please apply with resume and cover letter here.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive, we will only be contacting candidates for interviews. No phone calls please.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
About Broadway Across America
Broadway Across America (BAA) is part of the John Gore Organization family of companies, which includes Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Led by 14-time Tony-winning theater producer John Gore (Owner & CEO), BAA is the foremost presenter of first-class touring productions in North America, operating in 45 markets with over 400,000 subscribers. Presentations include Disney’s The Lion King, Wicked, The Book of Mormon, The Phantom of the Opera and Hamilton. Current and past productions include Ain’t Too Proud, Beautiful, Cats, Chicago, Dear Evan Hansen, Mean Girls, Moulin Rouge! and To Kill A Mockingbird.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The John Gore Organization is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
John Gore Organization recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Please Share the Marketing & PR Assistant job: