Full-Time Marketing & PR Assistant
• Position: Marketing & PR Assistant
• Reports To: General Manager, Midwest
• Division: Broadway In Cincinnati
• Location: 650 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
• Classification: Full-Time, Non-exempt, Salary DOE
The Marketing & PR Assistant is a vital member of the Broadway In Cincinnati team, assisting the Director of Marketing & PR and the General Manager on all initiatives throughout the Broadway In Cincinnati season of shows presented at the Aronoff Center. Broadway in Cincinnati is part of the Broadway Across America (BAA) network and works in conjunction with our national advertising agency, The Marketing Division (TMD).
Position Duties include (but not limited to):
• Working with designers to create all electronic, print and digital ads and collateral for all shows and season subscription campaigns, facilitating internal and show approvals for those ads, then trafficking final creative to media and printers
• Supporting execution and tracking of media plans for all shows
• Managing social media channels for Broadway in Cincinnati including monitoring activity, customer service, and producing social content and promotions
• Supporting Marketing & PR Director with press interviews and events, including escorting talent and overseeing interviews
• Writing press releases and media advisories
• Maintaining press database and identifying new press leads
• Managing Opening Night press invitations and RSVPs, attending all opening nights and staffing press table
• Assisting with execution of special events and promotions, subscriber events and post-show events
• Maintaining press clipping archive and create PR reporting for shows, maintain BiC press resource site
• Managing event listings on community arts sites
• Facilitating Broadway in Cincinnati accounts payables
• Facilitating Playbill proofing and content
• Actualizing marketing budgets and ad settlement delivery for each show and for season campaign
• Some office management duties as assigned
• Position may include guest service, basic graphic design, some content writing.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Theatre or Arts Administration preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
• Attention to detail, excellent writing skills and strong proof-reading and copy-editing skills are essential.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time with good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to take a positive team approach to working with co-workers locally and on national teams.
• Strong familiarity with social media channels.
• Graphic design, photography or video experience not essential, but is a plus.
• Familiarity with and enthusiasm for theatre is preferred.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
Some travel may be required.
Reliable transportation to venue and events needed.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Broadway in Cincinnati office at the Aronoff Center in downtown Cincinnati. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental plan options, 401(k) plan and more.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive, we will only be contacting candidates for interviews.
No phone calls please.
About Broadway Across America
BROADWAY ACROSS AMERICA is part of The John Gore Organization family of companies, which includes Broadway.com and The Broadway Channel. Led by 9 time Tony-winning producer John Gore (Owner & CEO), BAA is the foremost presenter of first-class touring productions in North America, operating in 41 markets with over 270,000 subscribers. Current and past productions include Beautiful, Cats, Chicago, Fiddler on the Roof, Finding Neverland, Million Dollar Quartet, Hairspray, On Your Feet!, School of Rock and The Producers. Broadway.com is the premier theater website for news, exclusive content and ticket sales.
For more information please visit BroadwayAcrossAmerica.com and Broadway.com.
Apply for this Job