Job Title: Marketing Manager (Salaried, Exempt)
Organization: Pasadena Playhouse
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing & Audience Development
Direct Reports: Marketing Coordinator
About the Company:
Pasadena Playhouse is one of the top regional theaters in the country and the State Theater of California. Under the leadership of Producing Artistic Director Danny Feldman, it presents a full season of artistically innovative productions and engaging educational outreach activities to nearly 150,000 Southern California residents annually in two spaces: the 644-seat mainstage theater and the 99-seat flexible Carrie Hamilton Theater. By focusing on the creation of great productions, the expansion of educational and outreach programs, the development of new plays, and the creation of innovative programs to build community, The Playhouse is well positioned to boldly lead for continued growth and leadership.
About The Position:
Pasadena Playhouse is looking for an exceptional individual to work closely with the Associate Director of Marketing & Audience Development and the entire Marketing, Communications and Patron Services Team to increase audiences, establish a strong brand, and to further develop the audiences through the sale of single tickets and memberships. Through the creation and management of marketing campaigns, and the analysis of sales patterns and audience trends, the Marketing Manager has an opportunity to develop systems and strategies that will impact the overall success of the individual productions and the organization as a whole.
The Playhouse is seeking someone who is highly motivated, process oriented, and has a passion for marketing and analytics. Significant experience with Tessitura is required. The ideal candidate must have strong initiative, great problem-solving capability, excellent communication skills, and a can-do attitude. The company is growing and changing, so flexibility in job duties, description and expectations is a must!
• Act as Tessitura power user, ensuring proper knowledge sharing across the organization.
• Create and execute traditional advertising plans for all single ticket and membership campaigns, including print, television, radio and outdoor.
• Work with the agency of record to create and deploy digital, social media and in-app advertising plans for all single ticket and membership campaigns.
• Create and deploy direct mail initiatives for all single ticket and membership campaigns.
• Manage the annual campaigns for both member acquisition and renewal, including subscriptions, memberships and passes.
• Manage the membership engagement/upgrade plan to further cultivate existing members.
• Proactively monitor all campaign performance and recommend shifts in strategy when needed.
• Create, update and evaluate reports necessary to track designated key indicators of success.
• Plan and execute all membership events.
• Assist as needed with opening nights and other special events.
• Mine data for trends, anomalies and actionable items.
• Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the department and the organization.
• Ability to work nights and weekends required.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Three to five years in marketing, and significant Tessitura software knowledge required. Previous management experience and familiarity with fundraising preferred.
Perform other duties as assigned. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
No major sources of discomfort, standard office environment; regular exposure to video terminal displays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability. Benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance coverage and PTO. Start date is
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent workplace where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: communication, manager, marketing, performing arts, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Marketing Manager job: