The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a Marketing Manager to support the efforts of the VVF Marketing Department, with a primary focus on the arts and the Vail Dance Festival.
This position will support the marketing efforts of the Vail Dance Festival, including Vail Dance Festival development and fundraising. They will additionally support the VVF athletic, cultural, and education efforts of the Marketing Department across all projects, as timing allows.
The responsibilities are diverse, and the successful candidate is willing and able to “wear many hats.” A high energy level, excellent multitasking, great organization, leadership skills, and a very self-motivated person is essential. The position offers hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing projects at all stages from concept and execution to reporting.
- Develop project marketing strategy and budget, in collaboration with marketing team members.
- Oversee and manage project marketing budgets and timelines.
- Work with community contacts, including concierge and group sales representatives, to help meet ticket sale revenue goals.
- Facilitate in-house graphic design needs including PowerPoint decks, sales/development collateral, posters, buck slips, info cards, and others to be determined.
- Assist in maintaining and growing the VVF websites and mobiles sites. This includes, but is not limited to content updates, maintenance, launches/upgrades, search engine optimization, monitoring, and tracking.
- Assist in content development and syndication across digital platforms including photos, videos and blog posts. Tell our story in an interactive age.
- Grow, maintain and activate via social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, and others.
- Manage production of event program book, including but not limited to, design, collection of information, copy editing and approval process.
- Prospect and develop campaign across new social media outlets.
- Prospect and develop live stream platform and implementation.
- Assist in external email marketing efforts including design, layout, scheduling, sending and growing database year-over-year.
- Assist development and sales departments as necessary to support donor base and corporate partner engagement.
- Assist other departments with understanding of marketing plans.
- Oversee and provide leadership for project interns and temporary staff.
- Product and industry expert on arts, with additional interest in education and athletics.
- Ability to lead and manage assigned projects, from setting marketing objectives to executing tactical plans.
- Effective decision making and strong drive to meet program deadlines and objectives.
- Great level of passion surrounding delegated projects, programs and promotional campaigns and infectious enthusiasm in group situations.
- Effective time management skills to ensure deadlines, goals and program objectives are met.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal responsibility for all assigned projects and update contingency plans as circumstances require.
- High organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced teamwork environment.
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public, vendors, partners and the board of directors.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department, as well as members of the media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to lead groups and present information in a solution driven format.
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor seasonal interns and volunteers.
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours as needed.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Ability to perform physical labor as needed.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy, and InDesign.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Background in dance or experience in marketing of dance and the arts.
- Experience with email systems like MailChimp, Patron Mail or Constant Contact
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Any experience in programs like After Effects, Flash, Premiere Pro, Final Cut or iMovie would be beneficial, but not required.
- Any experience with FBML, DML, API’s and/or mobile platforms would be beneficial but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications or a related field.
- 4+ years of previous design and marketing experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com