Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager will strategize direction and serve as a counselor to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
The role will work with the marketing department colleagues to manage the Theater’s subscription and single ticket sales campaigns by identifying, cultivating, and retaining audiences from year to year; this role oversees the activity and trafficking of advertising and media in conjunction with an outside advertising agency, and press agency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project manage campaigns for the marketing department while collaborating with colleagues on budgeting, timing, and strategy
- Take ownership of agency relationships and account management, including editing and trafficking of advertising and press releases
- Collaborate with Press agency on story pitches, press releases and events
- Manage processes for sponsorship activations and work closely with the development department to ensure fulfillment of deliverables
- Ensure DEI principals are being met and processes revised as necessary within the marketing department, helping to create an open and welcoming experience for all audience members.
- Take ownership of youth programs such as 30 Under 30 and Youth subscriptions by building strategic marketing plans
- Generate promotional activations around Second Stage both as an institution for living American playwrights and via individual productions
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders to create seamless marketing campaigns including social media, paid media and publicity.
- Manage the daily flow of traffic with ad agency and the season wide calendar of initiatives
- Lead promotional activations around each show including special talkbacks be in streaming or in person, guest collaborators, influencers, opening nights
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in entertainment, the arts, or similar business involving subscription or membership sales and marketing
- A critical thinker who can manage multiple projects and competing deadlines at once
- Flexibility to handle change and a can-do attitude
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the New York and tri-state markets both in audience and peer theaters
- In-house or advertising agency experience communicating and advising creative direction
- Tessitura knowledge valuable
- Passion for theater and performance
Compensation: Base salary starting at $48,000 annually
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
How to Apply:
About Second Stage
Second Stage Theater produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists and welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: entertainment, manager, marketing, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Marketing Manager job: