Full-Time Marketing / Graphic Design Specialist
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Marketing/Graphic Design Specialist on the Gainesville campus. The Marketing/Graphic Design Specialist will promote Gainesville Theater Alliance (GTA) and WonderQuest performances and events. Will also develop and implement annual marketing strategy.
The Marketing/Graphic Design Specialist will:
- Develop a marketing plan for the season and individual productions, planning, scheduling and generating all printed pieces, radio and newspaper coverage, website content, electronic newsletters, calendar listings and social media to stay in touch with long-time subscribers and to develop new subscribers. Maintain press relations with approx. 85 state and regional websites, digital and print newspapers and other publications.
- Annually write, design and coordinate the production of a season brochure, 7-8 show posters, 12-15 print ads and 5 radio/public service announcements, and monthly electronic newsletters. Maintain and improve the GTA website, Facebook page, Instagram and YouTube channel, including writing and editing copy and image development. Design and produce most of all show programs, 4-40 pages each (7/year).
- Solicit advertising, including trade-out agreements with local businesses and designs of these partners’ ads (10-15 per program).
- Coordinate all show-related events including lectures and Opening Night Receptions. Collaborate with the Brenau Barnes & Noble to offer a literature table for WonderQuest performances.
- Assist with departmental recruitment efforts by designing posters, postcards, electronic invitations and other materials used at professional conferences and as direct mail. Represent GTA at various university events (Open Houses, etc.) and to various professional and community organizations.
- Develop audience outreach strategies, including speakers, readings, receptions, panel discussions, and building relationships with other community organizations to promote awareness, involvement and ticket sales.
- Train and supervise student interns in the field of Marketing and Publicity.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate contracts with media.
- Ability to work well with community members, government agencies, regular and contracted faculty, academic departments, and administrative offices.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing
- Three (3) years of marketing experience required; ideally with arts organizations and/or not-for-profits
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office are required, and experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
How to Apply
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY ON UNG’S JOB BOARD:
Please Share the Marketing / Graphic Design Specialist job: