Marketing Coordinator – Web Site/Media Management
The School of American Ballet (SAB) at Lincoln Center, founded by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, is the preeminent ballet school in the country. Our mission is to train dancers for careers in classical ballet. We provide the resources for a diverse pool of students to train at the highest level – with 20-25 a year going on to dance for New York City Ballet, our official but independent company, and other major ballet companies worldwide. SAB has a far-reaching impact on the art form and enriches the lives of each student who comes through our doors, over 1,000 annually.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator for web and media management will be a critical member of the marketing and digital production team. This position will play a key role in maintaining SAB’s web site, ensuring a continually fresh and optimized user experience, in addition to managing the School’s growing library of video and photo content. The marketing coordinator will also assist with a variety of projects that support SAB’s recruiting efforts, School programs and donor engagement. This role will require collaboration across departments and frequent interaction with SAB’s artistic team.
Web Site Production and Maintenance
- Help oversee and maintain all aspects of SAB’s website, including regular updates to homepage and interior page visuals and scheduled revisions to interior pages/sections.
- Facilitate minor web page revisions as requested by various departments.
- Help to improve web site SEO and accessibility for existing and new web pages/content
- Track web site analytics, create monthly reports, and suggest any relevant changes based on data. Facilitate web statistic requests from other departments as needed.
- Research third party integrations as needed/requested to enhance web site functionality.
- Liaise with outside web developers to complete maintenance projects and template improvements.
- Work with digital team to organize and catalog archival video files and backup storage.
- Organize and maintain SAB’s growing private Vimeo library
- Service and package as needed video file requests for various departments
- Assist in managing SAB’s vast photo collection, including obtaining photo approvals, servicing photos to other departments and selecting photos for use in advertising, marketing and social media platforms
- Research and suggest potential media management/cloud storage platforms to streamline school-wide media needs
Marketing and Departmental Support
- Help with digital and print advertising efforts including tracking and maintaining Google AdWords account, liaising with ad reps and processing invoices
- Assist in graphic design needs for digital ads, web pages and marketing materials
- Provide support for marketing and ticketing SAB’s annual Workshop performances, including facilitating comp ticket requests and distribution of tickets via online ticketing software
- Help schedule, coordinate and staff photo and video shoots with outside vendors and in-house production team.
- Collaborate with digital production team to produce reports and materials for board and staff meetings.
- Support department and organization-wide projects with related tasks assigned as needed
Education and Qualifications
- BA degree required
- 1-2+ years’ experience in non-profit marketing, communications or related work
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with WordPress and SEO best practices preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign.
- Familiarity with full Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Some familiarity with videography and basic video editing a plus
- Professional, calm and mature demeanor, with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Flexibility to work occasional evening (after 5:30pm) and weekend hours for school events and auditions
- Ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of colleagues and outside vendors
- An interest in classical ballet and/or the performing arts (preferred)
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Health Care Plan (Medical & Dental)
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, ballet, dance, and marketing. States: New York.
Please Share the Marketing Coordinator – Web Site/Media Management job: