Full-Time Marketing Communications Manager
Montalvo Arts Center is seeking a creative and experienced Marketing Communications Manager.
This position requires demonstrated success in copy writing, marketing, brand management, and storytelling. As Montalvo is a multifaceted, multidisciplinary institution, the Marketing Communications Manager needs to be skilled in taking a rich, complex message and boiling it down to its essence.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Understand and communicate institutional mission, values, and content to both general and target markets to drive attendance, stimulate revenue, and diversify audiences and customer/client base. Ensure that messages are clear, compelling, consistent, and effective.
• Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including annual reports, board presentations, news stories, web content, talking points, and correspondence and social media posts.
• Assist in the production of all organizational communications, including season brochure, publications, website, and advertising and promotional materials, to ensure consistency of brand and voice in all communications.
• Assist in monitoring editorial, design, production, printing, and mailing schedules for all materials.
• Assist in photography and videography shoots as needed; help to maintain digital asset database
• Supports the Education, Residency, and Visual Arts teams and stays abreast of their projects. Develops a mutually supportive working relationship with the staff on those teams.
• Develop and execute market research strategies to strengthen current audience participation, grow Montalvo’s audiences, membership community, and donor base, and refine understanding of Montalvo audiences.
• Assist in management of external public relations consulting firm and social media consultant.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Educational credentials must include an undergraduate degree in marketing, business, or a relevant discipline.
• Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to write compellingly about the arts, education and community engagement.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a management team, along with the ability to conceptualize and strategize with staff, artists and artist representatives as well as the media on all aspects of marketing.
• Strong organizational skills with particular attention to detail and capacity to multi-task under pressure.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Outlook.
• Sense of balance, humor, tact and the ability to negotiate and compromise to find solutions.
• Knowledge of and interest in the arts.
Working Conditions & Physical Tasks:
This position requires the ability to communicate via voice telephone, read and understand written communication, and generate written communication using a computer. Candidate must also have the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods, lift and move documents and supplies up to 25 lbs., and bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. The position involves regular local travel; valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle is required. Occasional out-of-area travel may be required. May be asked to work some evenings and weekends in support of our programs.
Salary commensurate with experience. Montalvo offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your skills and experience related to this position, and include your reasons for wanting to apply for this position, along with your detailed resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Resumes without cover letter or salary requirements will not be considered. Please do not call about this position. Position is open until filled. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
For more detailed information about Montalvo Arts Center visit our website at montalvoarts.org.
Montalvo Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, arts center, communication, manager, marketing, and media. States: California.
Please Share the Marketing Communications Manager job: