Birmingham Children’s Theatre
Position: Marketing Associate
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Pay: $32,000 – $35,000
Birmingham Children’s Theatre is seeking a Marketing Associate to join our dedicated and hard working team. The Marketing Associate is responsible for planning and implementing marketing and advertising activities. They will conceptualize and create compelling digital, print, video, and social media content that tells the BCT story.
The Marketing Associate will offer up ideas for both individual projects and broader campaigns. In addition, this role will brainstorm ideas and creative concepts with other members of the creative team and will pitch original ideas to the Executive Artistic Director.
- Conceptualize and create engaging campaigns to help tell the BCT story and promote our programs
- Create compelling written, photographic, and video content for a variety of platforms including BCT’s website, social media, email, print ads, and others
- Design and send email newsletters to generate interest in our public performances
- Maintain brand standards by ensuring the consistency and visual integrity of BCT communications
- Communicate with area publications regarding BCT ad placements
- Monitor and manage BCT social media accounts
- Capture and publish ephemeral content during events for platforms including Instagram Stories and Facebook Live (occasionally on nights or weekends)
- Develop and edit graphic design content for shows, advertisements and events
- Measure the effectiveness of digital media efforts (website, emails) through metrics and analytics
- Conduct market research and identify new opportunities for BCT’s marketing efforts
- Proven familiarity with social media platforms listed above, particularly marketing practices and strategies
- Highly creative, visual, and able to generate ideas and see projects from concept to completion in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, be solution-oriented and take direction
- Demonstrated skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier & After Effects
- Strong knowledge in video capturing and editing skills with a strong eye for composition highly desired
- Must possess a flexible can-do attitude and enjoy working and collaborating with a team
The Marketing Associate reports directly to the Executive Artistic Director. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred with an emphasis in marketing, journalism, graphic design, communications or other related fields. Interest in theatre and working with children is a must.
Flexible schedules and remote work options are available, though time in the office and theater spaces is required to collect content and coordinate with other departments.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
START DATE: October 2022 (flexible)
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter, resume and examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please type “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Birmingham Children’s Theatre exists to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of children through the magic of professional theatre. One of the nation’s oldest and largest professional theatre companies for young audiences, BCT produces high-quality, professional theatrical entertainment and curriculum-relevant arts education experiences for children and families.
For more information, visit www.bct123.org
Birmingham Children’s Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BCT is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, marketing, and performing arts. States: Alabama.
Please Share the Marketing Associate job: