Marketing and Group Sales Associate→ Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Marketing and Group Sales Associate
• Arden Theatre Company, Philadelphia, PA
• Position Title: Marketing and Group Sales Associate
• Department: Marketing Department
• Classification: Full-time Exempt / 40 hour week
• Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
• Location: On-Site. Not a remote position.
About the Arden
Founded in 1988, Arden Theatre Company is a professional regional theatre that strives to offer the highest quality theatrical productions and educational programs to the artists, audiences, and students of Greater Philadelphia. Each year, we produce the Mainstage season as well as Arden Children’s Theatre, the city’s first resident children’s theatre. From our productions that reach over 100,000 audience members each year to our educational outreach programs that inspire and empower 6,000 students in schools across our region, the Arden stands out as a haven for shared stories and an important incubator to create new work. In our last season, 2022/23, the Arden produced seven Mainstage and two Arden Children’s Theatre productions, resulting in 348 performances that were seen by more than 70,000 people, continuing to be an essential force behind the vitality of the Old City neighborhood and in Philadelphia’s cultural landscape.
Arden Theatre Company seeks a full-time to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Group Sales Associate is responsible for the implementation of the group sales campaign which includes, strategizing, selling to and following up leads, closing the sale.
Coordination of Marketing Department efforts, including communication and coordination with Arden Group Leaders, assisting in creation of content for social media and email campaigns, assisting in stagebill design and layout, and other duties as assigned. Additional tasks will vary depending on the needs of the department.
Anticipated start date: October 1, 2023
• Group Sales outreach. Including contacting prospective buyers, creating and communicating the contracts and collecting payments from groups for performance tickets.
• Greeting groups and managing the weekday seating of groups for Arden Children’s Theatre.
o Creates seating maps for weekday Arden Children’s Theatre performances.
• Assures top quality customer service at all points of contact with patrons (phone, e-mail and in person).
o Includes email communication to larger audience segments as needed.
• Fulfills all group tickets allocated by the Education Director for the Arden For All (AFA) programs.
• Assists with and/or overseeing other projects and activities as assigned – Girl Scout Day and Special Events which includes ticketing for these events.
• Management, organization and implementation of the Arden’s CRM database as it pertains to all company communications, and reporting.
• Manages the company’s photography and video inventory and archives.
• Organizes materials distribution – Including updates to relevant businesses, scheduling of distribution, and tracking of materials.
• Content creation – including but not limited to: Social media, asset creation, and photo / video capture of various events as needed.
• Assisting in the creation of production-specific stagebills.
• Processing of check requests, and updating departmental budgets.
• Participates in overall strategy as part of the Marketing Department.
• Manages Apprentices and interns on all related projects.
Experience and Qualifications
Successful candidates will:
• Knowledge of the current media advertising landscape and a passion for marketing.
• Have 1-3 years marketing / customer service or related experience – willing to consider a wide range of professional backgrounds.
• Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office Suite. Previous experience in Adobe products is preferred.
• Be an exceptional collaborator with an ability to engage with a wide range of people and have demonstrated success in motivating, directing, and managing staff, as well as experience in managing up.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Be willing and able to work flexible hours/days reflective of the dynamic schedule of a theatre which includes a variety of hours including evenings and weekends.
• Be someone with initiative, creativity, excellent problem solving skills and a collaborative spirit. Must have the ability to work within a fast paced, dedicated management team—rolling up your sleeves must be a favored tactic.
• Express a passion for theatre and in the Philadelphia cultural community with a genuine interest in becoming a driver of the Arden’s mission and vision.
The Arden is an equal-opportunity employer.
Position is full-time/exempt and compensation is between $38,000 – $42,000/year.
The position is full-time/exempt. This is an on-site position.
The company provides Medical and Disability Insurance, a Flexible Savings Plan, a Defined Contribution Plan, as well as paid vacation, personal, and holiday leave.
Arden Theatre Company has instituted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees; the successful candidate must provide proof of vaccination prior to beginning work and must agree to adhere to all Arden Theatre Company’s safety protocols.
Arden Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Applicants from historically underrepresented groups in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com
Please include “Marketing and Group Sales Associate” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, associate, marketing, media, performing arts, sales, and theatre. States: Pennsylvania.