Full-Time Managing Director
Indigo Arts Alliance (IAA) is seeking an experienced, energetic, creative and driven individual to help lead this important start-up and drive its future.
The ideal candidate will have arts administration leadership experience, excellent interpersonal skills, experience with project managing engaging programs for diverse audiences.
They will have the ability to engage with professionals and stakeholders from community members to professional artists.
Excellent marketing and communication tools are essential as is the ability to ‘hit the ground running’!
Confidence in engaging and supporting our artists – in- residence needs from their invitation through residency is paramount as is taking the lead on connecting the artists to community resources.
This role is a wonderful opportunity for an energetic, talented leader who takes initiative, works in collaboration and is poised to share in the excitement of helping to shape a new organization. You will work hand-in-hand with the founder and interim Executive Director.
- Strategic and collaborative leadership across all areas of the organization
- Ensure the overall excellence of our Artists-in-Residency program by engaging and supporting the needs of visiting artists, helping to create a positive, productive and rewarding residency.
- Cultivate professional affiliations and alliances and develop new collaborations with relevant individual or corporate partners who further our mission
- Lead, implement and coordinate large-scale public events, including performances, lectures, masterclasses, workshops, symposia/panels and fundraising events.
- Develop and implement strategies in support of the organization’s mission: “To provide a space for artists of color to engage in robust discussions and interrogations of art and art-making that inspire and affirm”.
- Implement and develop methodologies and processes that bring structure and efficiency to daily operations and activities (e.g. archiving, documenting, organizing databases).
- Support growth initiatives, utilizing knowledge of fundraising best practices and strategies.
- Provide communications support to the stakeholders, partners, board members and the Circle of Advisors.
- Act as Reporting Director for Studio Manager and student interns.
- Minimum five years’ arts administration experience with knowledge of contemporary practices.
- Highly motivated and self-starting.
- Experience working with artists, arts organizations and local communities.
- Proven project management skills to execute programming plans/events.
- Strong, clear writing and verbal communication.
- Marketing acumen, awareness of marketing/advertising best practices, and experience working with social media and developing original content strategies.
- Tech-savvy understanding of donor platforms and communications systems, e.g.
- Little Green Light, AirTable, Google Drive.
- Highly organized with a perfectionist’s capacity for follow-through and clear communication.
- Excellent and effective mentor and coach to other IAA team members as well as the broader IAA community.
Compensation and Hours
(40 hours per week) and select weekends (as needed) to support IAA’s programming and events.
Position status is regular, full-time, exempt.
IAA is currently being led by co-founder, Marcia Minter, who is acting as interim Executive Director, and co-founder Daniel Minter, Artist Director and a full-time Studio Manager. Indigo Arts Alliance is also supported by a robust community of partners, sponsors and funders.
- Oversight of the operations and policies of Indigo Arts Alliance is carried out by the 5-person Board of Directors, supported by a large national Circle of Advisors.
- Position Reports to Co-Founder and Board President.
- Position Status: Regular, Full-time, Exempt.
- The position requires 40 hours/week and the ability to work weekends to support program activities as needed.
Electronic submissions only.
Please send cover letter and resume, to: Marcia Minter, Co-Founder and Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts administration, communication, director, management, and marketing. States: Maine.
Please Share the Managing Director job: