Part-Time Managing Director
Rogue Artists Ensemble seeking MANAGING DIRECTOR
Los Angeles art collective Rogue Artists Ensemble is seeking a MANAGING DIRECTOR to help grow our arts organization, to coordinate numerous competing projects, and to provide vision and leadership for a passionate team of artists. This individual will be a key decision-maker in the company and should believe in our mission. They will help manage upcoming projects and will directly support the work of Rogue Artists Ensemble both locally in Los Angeles and when touring.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director provides leadership and long-term direction. Overall responsibilities include maximizing earned and contributed revenue, project planning, cultivating community relationships, coordinating and developing fundraising plans, and overseeing all administrative, operational, and financial goals to ensure the continued success of Rogue Artists Ensemble. The Managing Director becomes a member of the artistic Ensemble, working collaboratively with the Artistic Director, the Board of Directors and staff to meet organizational goals, achieve best business practices, fiscal accountability and communicate the group’s institutional vision.
The Managing Director must have a flexible time commitment and be able to dedicate themselves to approximately 10-20 hours per week. They will work remotely from home with ongoing in-person meetings with the staff, board, and ensemble, funders, and community leaders. Ideal candidates have experience in accounting (Quickbooks preferred), fundraising, collaborative ensemble organizations, development of new works, maintaining budgets, and working with a variety of communities.
Compensation: $20/hr with 10 hours/week guaranteed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a spokesperson to the community in articulating and advocating for the organizational impact and role of the company.
- Oversees public communications for marketing, branding, and outreach continuity/effectiveness.
- Provides leadership for fundraising, working closely with the Board of Directors and Grant Writers to energize participation in these efforts.
Strategic Planning & Governance:
- Drives efforts for long-term strategic planning and institutional brand building, financial stability, and responsible production.
- Ensures that artistic vision and goals are in line with fiscal vision and goals.
- Leads the execution of our strategic plan with Artistic Director
- Works with Board Leadership to cultivate, develop, and improve board participation and function.
- Prepares written and verbal reports for presentation at Board Meetings.
Finance & Administration:
- Provides fiscal and organizational leadership, including guidance to all administrative staff to maximize effectiveness and productivity.
- Develop and manage accurate annual budgets and cash- flow projections.
- Monitors financial position and makes recommendations to the Board and/or takes action as appropriate.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff, and oversees the effective use of financial resources needed to responsibly achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
Programs & Operations:
- Updates & maintains all day-to-day finances and accounting for the organization in Quickbooks, including all monthly bills, staff and artistic payments
- Schedules and leads staff meetings; leads board meetings with board chair.
- Works closely with staff to identity areas of possible expansion of programs and ventures, consistent with adequate funding sources.
- Creates, negotiates and maintains all legal contracts / agreements with vendors and staff
- Provides administrative oversight to Production staff.
- Maintains calendar of events, deadlines, and production.
Email a resume and cover letter to Rogue Board Chair, Mark Holden at jobs(at)rogueartists.org
In your cover letter, please list your current job(s) and commitments
Start Date: July/August 2019
Will remain open until filled.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: administration, dance, director, finance, fund-raising, management, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Managing Director job: