Full-Time Manager, Visitor Experience and Ticketing
JOB TITLE: Manager, Visitor Experience and Ticketing
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Experience
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 Hours/Week with Benefits)
SCHEDULE: Sun-Thurs, may include special events, evenings & weekends
DIRECT REPORTS: Visitor Experience Associates, Visitor Experience Representatives, Volunteers.
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is one of the nation’s most innovative contemporary art centers. From our leading-edge exhibitions and performances, to our groundbreaking civic initiatives and community partnerships, YBCA is where creativity, people, and new ideas collide. We believe in thinking big about the role that arts organizations can play in making short, medium, and long-term/individual and collective transformation.
Mission: We generate culture that moves people.
Vision: A community that thrives on inspiration.
Values: The successful candidate will embody our organization’s core values.
- Abundance: We operate from a place of strength, with a spirit of empathy and generosity.
- Authentic Collaboration: We are engaged and interconnected.
- Personal Agency: We are empowered and accountable.
- Boldness: We create with courage and purpose.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager of Visitor Experience and Ticketing plays a critical role in delivering a world class front of house experience at YBCA. This Manager contributes to achieving our goals of being a industry-leader in guest experience. Through oversight of various touchpoints of a visitor journey, the Manager ensures the highest standard of hospitality and operations are met. This position oversees the Visitor Experience Experience Representatives (VXRs); creating a high-functioning, collaborative team environment that is focused on serving the public. This position has a direct leadership role in creating best practices around communicating visitor information, ensuring proper cash management. Also works with ticketing platforms such as Eventbrite and third party ticketing vendors for community partners to supervise on site ticketing operations, visitor policies and deploying appropriate staffing models. The Visitor Experience Manager reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & TICKETING OPERATIONS
- Be an engaging public-facing representative of YBCA; embodying our mission, vision, values, and brand.
- Working with the CMO and Visitor Experience team, you will design a training program for Visitor Experience Representatives that ensures all YBCA guests receive world class customer service.
- Lead the hiring of all Visitor Experience staff, working closely with CMO to ensure that sufficient staffing is in place for all dates and times of operation.
- Ensure lines of communication result in VXR’s clear understanding of YBCA initiatives and programs, and are able to communicate them to our visitors.
- Resolve customer service matters as they arise, to the mutual benefit of the customer and YBCA.
- Partner with the CMO to create and implement visitor feedback protocols, including how that information is shared throughout the organization.
- Oversee ticketing operations for YBCA, working closely with CMO to ensure that best-in-class ticketing technology is being used and effectively measured.
- Supervise the execution of all onsite-sales and satisfaction performance targets are met.
- Oversee the execution of ticketing reports, working closely with the Ticketing Services Coordinator and Data Insights Manager
- Own relationships with ticketing vendors, leading the management of all ticketing reporting, working closely with Data Insights Manager
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, mentorship, and performance management of all Visitor Experience Representatives.
- Host regularly-scheduled department meetings, to ensure consistent and effective communication between team members.
- Oversee the development and coordination of all job-specific training and ongoing education programs for the staff; mentor, coach and develop team
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings and initiatives; providing expertise and insight to the broader organization as needed.
- Develop and document all policies and procedures relevant to VX operations in alignment with YBCA’s institutional policies
- Serve as a leading voice that ensures a positive guest experience during all YBCA events, working closely with event producers to ensure strong accessibility and coordination, anticipating challenges and working to resolve them in real time
- Help train and supervise volunteers.
SYSTEMS & ADMINISTRATION
- Develop and maintain budgets in alignment with strategic goals;
- Work closely with accounting staff to maintain financial and data integrity.
- Oversee the daily appearance of public spaces; coordinate with operations staff to ensure all public spaces are maintained appropriately.
- Work with the facilities and security to implement and conduct training and periodic reviews of all security and emergency procedures
- Working collaboratively with other team leads, establish staffing plans for a wide variety of events.
- Collaborate with staff in recommending on-site signage and other forms of communications to help guide and inform visitors regarding program schedule of activities and locations
- Light retail duties around merchandising, ordering, and inventory management.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience desired.
- 5+ years of relevant customer service experience, with at least three years of management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing a large team, with a deep understanding of equity and diversity practices.
- Commitment to providing superior customer service; demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices and procedures as related to customer service and operations.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Computer-savvy and able to learn various software & tools
- Proficiency in general accounting, security procedures, and financial record keeping.
- Working knowledge of visitor service principles, practices and procedures, with the ability to analyze production and administrative problems, evaluate alternative solutions and recommend or adopt effective courses of action.
- Working knowledge of financial record-keeping practices and procedures
- Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and accounting
- Advanced experience in computer systems and applications with proficiency in computerized electronic cash register systems, Excel, Google Suite, Word; Ticketing system experience required (i.e. Siriusware)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; prepare and deliver presentations and written materials appropriate for diverse program platforms, including public presentations, training programs, on-line activities
- Applicants with fluency in any languages in addition to English are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of, and interest in, contemporary art is a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefit, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the generous 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission during regular museum hours, member discounts at museum shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary to email@example.com. Please include “Manager Visitor Experience and Ticketing, your name” in the subject line of your email. Let us know how you heard about us!
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance SF Police Code, Article 49.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts center, manager, and recruitment. States: California.
Please Share the Manager, Visitor Experience and Ticketing job: