Full-Time Manager of Institutional Giving
Children’s Museum of the Arts is searching for a Manager of Institutional Giving to play a key role in CMA’s fundraising.
Reporting to the Director of Development, he/she/they will be responsible for writing applications and reports, maintaining a grants calendar and tracking grants in Salesforce, and administering institutional gifts.
The Manager of Institutional Giving will be detail-oriented, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker.
He/she/they should be comfortable working independently while being part of a team and possess a mature attitude reflective of the professional standards of the museum.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Write new and renewal solicitations, reports, acknowledgments, and updates to CMA’s institutional donors.
• Work with the organization’s finance department to submit grant-related financial documents.
• Maintain and update government prequalification requirements.
• Maintain supplemental/attachments folder, log-in and password updates, and specific organization and program info that may be useful for proposals and reports.
• Identify and research new institutional prospects.
• Cultivate institutional donors individually and through development team cultivation events.
• Work with the Director of Development and Marketing Team to develop CMA’s Annual Report and corporate decks.
• Work with the full Development Team on cultivation strategies and events that advance CMA to various donors.
• Work across departments to contribute to CMA’s Strategic Planning.
• Manage prompt donor acknowledgement; ensure that proper recognition opportunities are extended.
• Maintain institutional files and records, ensuring digital and hard copy files are up to date.
• Manage internal grants administration, sharing information with program staff and maintaining donor crediting including online, flyers, programs, signage, etc.
• Maintain a fundraising calendar, including gift tracking, updates on donor information, acknowledgment and donor credits.
• Use PatronManager database to track cultivation touch points.
• Perform other related duties as asked by the Director of Development.
• Two years’ experience in development;
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Solid integrity and devotion to team efforts;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and exceptional organizational skills;
• Proactive approach, flexibility, and positive, can-do attitude;
• Ability to learn new procedures on the job without formal training;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail;
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and quality expectations, willingness to push limits of existing abilities of the department to meet changing needs;
• Ability to work calmly within a fast-paced environment.
Core Competency Requirements:
• Proactive team player;
• Highly organized with superb attention to detail;
• Resourceful and creative problem-solver;
• Demonstrated ability to manage and meet deadlines;
• Consummate relationship building skills within and outside the organization;
• Must be able to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment;
• Thorough proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of children and families.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, two original, unedited writing samples, and cover letter to: email@example.com.
All applications will be kept in confidence.
Eligible candidates will be contacted by phone or email for an interview.
CMA is seeking to hire immediately.
CMA is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage candidates from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
No recruiters, please. No calls, please.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, fund-raising, grant-writing, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Manager of Institutional Giving job: