Full-Time Manager of Education & Community Engagement
Opera Colorado Position Description
Job Title: Manager of Education & Community Engagement
Department: Education & Community Engagement
Job Status: Exempt; Full Time
Reports To: Director of Education & Community Engagement
The Manager of Education & Community Engagement supports the Director of Education & Community Engagement in representing Opera Colorado to the schools, educators and other community organizations. He/she helps create a favorable environment for fulfilling Opera Colorado’s stated mission regarding education. He/she is responsible for overseeing the scheduling and implementation of youth and adult education programs.
• Manage the education programming for schools and community partners, ensuring that all aspects meet the level of excellence expected from Opera Colorado.
• Create and maintain all incoming reservations for education and community programs.
• Communicate with educators, schools, districts, universities and other partners regarding Opera Colorado’s education and community programs.
• Plan, coordinate and manage all education and community activities for the current season, including activities of the Opera Colorado Artists in Residence.
• Serve as facilitator for various educational and community programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicate with educators, schools, districts and universities and other presenters in planning and implementing programs. Establish and maintain positive, ongoing relationships with participating teachers, schools, etc.
2. Maintain an accurate calendar of all Education & Community Engagement events, including all events connected to the Artist in Residence Program.
3. Plan, schedule, coordinate and manage all educational activities for the current season. Secure dates and venues, finalize information, create seating charts and coordinate bus/transportation details for events.
4. Process payments and keep accurate records of all reservations.
5. Coordinate and manage volunteers for educational activities.
6. Collaborate with Marketing and Development staff in planning events, developing collateral material and other activities as required.
7. Assist with maintaining budget for Education & Community Engagement.
8. When appropriate, serve as facilitator for various educational & community programs.
a. Generation OC
b. In-School Workshops
9. Assist in writing, printing and distribution of all program collateral materials.
10. Assist with accurate reporting of all program attendance figures.
11. Participate in staff meetings and department meetings, providing information on education and related issues.
12. Represent Opera Colorado at meetings. Assist Director of Education & Community Engagement with coordination of Opera Colorado’s participation in SCFD’s Scientific and Cultural Collaborative, Alliance project and other educational activities.
13. Attend/work Opera Colorado events including occasional evenings and weekends. Additional responsibilities as dictated by circumstances or by the Director of Education & Community Engagement.
14. Compile music scores and other materials.
15. Maintain accurate and organized system for Education & Community Engagement files.
• A mission-driven individual with a belief in and commitment to Opera Colorado’s mission and values.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities, work independently and exercise professional judgment.
• A good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input and able to formulate and execute a sound, well-organized plan.
• Intrepid yet tactful; determined yet respectful of others’ concerns; someone with the flexibility and creativity needed to find alternative ways to reach objectives when barriers arise.
• A hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of education and community engagement activities;
• Emotionally mature with a very good sense of humor and the flexibility and sensitivity to work with diverse personalities and situations.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Education & Community Engagement
Director of the Opera Colorado Young Artists Program
No Phone Call Please
Application Deadline: May 15, 2019Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: education, management, manager, music, opera, and school. States: Colorado.
Please Share the Manager of Education & Community Engagement job: