Full-Time Manager of DMA Circle
Manager of DMA Circle (Development)
Reports to: Director of Individual Giving
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Benefits: Full Museum Benefits
DMA Mission: The Dallas Museum of Art is a space of wonder and discovery where art comes alive.
The DMA will:
- Place art and our diverse communities at the center around which all activities radiate.
- Pursue excellence in collecting and programming, present works of art across cultures and time, and be a driving force in contemporary art.
- Strengthen our position as a prominent, innovative institution, expanding the meaning and possibilities of learning and creativity.
Scope of position:
The Dallas Museum of Art is in a period of exciting growth as it implements a strategic plan centered around a new mission – art and engagement. The expansion of the Development Department—including several newly created positions—is a key element towards success of the plan and the Museum’s future as a national leader.
The Manager of DMA Circle has responsibility for donors who make annual membership gifts of $1,000 to $25,000; approximately 600 households. In coordination with the Director of Individual Giving, the Manager oversees the Museum’s upper level membership program from prospecting and solicitations, to renewals, acknowledgement, and individualized cultivation/stewardship of current and prospective members. In addition, the Manager actively reports on progress to financial goals. The Manager will also work with the Director of Individual Giving and the Office of Special Events on the delivery of membership benefits and events.
- Manage vital membership function for the DMA Circle including solicitations, renewals, and acknowledgments.
- Coordinate solicitations and/or renewals with Director of Individual Giving and Manager of Member Initiatives, as needed.
- Actively cultivate relationships with DMA Circle members.
- Provide excellent customer service and facilitate VIP access to the Museum.
- With the Department of Advancement Services, mine development database for upgrade prospects and deliver ongoing, regular, and rigorous efforts to upgrade DMA Members.
- Manage and implement ongoing calendar of upgrade/solicitation campaigns.
- With the Director of Individual Giving, work with the DMA Development Committee and other volunteers to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective DMA Circle members.
- Work and attend various DMA events, including DMA Circle events.
- With the Director of Individual Giving, collaborate with the Office of Special Events on the design and execution of upper-level member benefits and events.
- Manage inventory of DMA Circle materials.
- Track progress to financial goals and retention rate goals.
- Manage all content and functionality updates to DMA Circle related content, including online membership forms and DMA.org website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, preferably the cultural organization or the arts.
- Ability and enthusiasm for building relationships with donors.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with volunteers as well as staff members.
- An enthusiasm and deep appreciation for the mission and aspirations of the DMA.
- Financial literacy, with an understanding of numbers and an ability to track, analyze, and share financial data in an accurate and comprehensive way.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, as well as Raisers Edge software.
- Familiarity with the philanthropic community of Dallas a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
The Dallas Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please Share the Manager of DMA Circle job: