Full-Time Manager of Accessibility and Program Development
The Manager of Accessibility and Program Development is responsible for forging relationships with accessibility partners, developing curriculum and facilitating engagement programs. This position is integral to the expansion of Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre’s Education Department, which currently engages over 15,000 individuals each year.
PBT is dedicated to providing accessible and equitable opportunities for all and continues to expand programming to connect with and engage the community in an authentic and meaningful way. This role will assist in supporting the overall growth of the department in key areas of accessibility, equity and inclusion.
Seek opportunities to broaden PBT’s reach and provide equitable and accessible engagement programming
- Manage accessibility programs, including Adaptive Dance, Dance for Parkinson’s and Mindful Movement classes
- Coordinate PBT’s annual sensory-friendly performance and related initiatives, including workshops on-site and off-site
- Collaborate with current local partners and identify new partners to advance PBT’s accessibility initiatives
Facilitate engagement programs and oversee implementation of high-quality curricula
- Create innovative program content for use in curriculum for students of all abilities
- Manage and support curricula implementation with teaching artists, dancers and community partners
- Recommend teaching techniques and the use of different and/or new technologies
Assess and evaluate education programming
- With director of education, develop appropriate tracking measures to assess and evaluate programs
- Collect evaluation data for programs and initiatives of the department
- Assist in developing and reporting program objectives to grants manager and director of development
- Experience as an educator and/or instructor required
- Management experience required
- Experience developing programs and designing curricula required
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds required
- Experience in ballet performance and/or teaching strongly preferred
- Degree in education or similar field strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of inclusive and culturally competent teaching methods
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the state of accessible programming in the arts
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Office and G Suite
- Understanding of innovative mind-body practices
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This demands of the position change on a daily basis, but generally require sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The position includes periods of driving to off-site meetings, and a personal vehicle is strongly recommended. For special events and community programs, lifting and carrying materials (less than 50 pounds) is often requested.
Accommodations to these physical demands and work environment can be made as long as the person in the position still completes the essential functions of the job.
Usual working hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. This role will also require some local travel, as well as night and weekend work. Work week hours will be adjusted upon mutual agreement between employee and employer.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Kathryn Gigler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Please Share the Manager of Accessibility and Program Development job: