Full-Time Manager, Education Operations
Education Operations Manager
Manages departmental operational responsibilities through clerical and administrative support across programs and events related to the Center’s Education Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
includes the following. Other duties may be assigned or changed at the discretion of supervisor.
- Administrative support, scheduling and record keeping for the Vice President, Education with an emphasis on work related to the Board Education Committee.
- Administrative support for Education Programs as assigned by Vice President and/or Director.
- Organizes, schedules, produces and archives internal and external printed material.
- Schedules and coordinates department meetings and/or cross-departmental committees as needed.
- Responsible for check requests, purchase orders and financial tracking related to department operations budget.
- Responsible for management of Center Docent activity including serving as department liaison to the Docents and overseeing Docent meetings throughout the year.
- Responsible for effective and current information sharing with internal and external sources, as required by the position.
- General management of materials, goods, resources and information associated with the effective and professional operation of Education Department Programs.
- Facilitates office equipment repair with IT staff and/or outside vendors
- Orders, maintains and replenishes department and program supplies as needed
- Manages department storage facilities.
- Manages general Education email, telephone and fax communication
- Manages Education calendar
- Manages evaluation and tracking systems related to Education Programs
- Manages organizational/departmental safety directives, training and equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must have:
- Strong intra/interpersonal, people skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage projects of varying complexity in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, motivate and supervise co-workers, specialized personnel, volunteers, educators, artists and students.
- Ability to effectively manage several muti-layered tasks simultaneously, professionally and efficiently.
- Ability to plan, implement, manage, analyze and report on tasks, programs and events effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to delegate while assuring a level of quality expected by the organization.
- Expected to interpret organizational and professional policies, making them relevant to operational duties.
- Requires a valid California Drivers License with appropriate state-required insurance coverage.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS required with some level of accreditation and or a combination of experiences to qualify for an instructional credential, and/or certification in arts administration. Advanced degree preferred. Experience and training or a good understanding of theater production, as well as exceptional organizational skills, is essential.
This position requires daily and punctual attendance, plus may require additional hours on an as-needed basis to operate, supervise and staff departmental events and organizational expectations.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume and a completed application to email@example.com.
Please Share the Manager, Education Operations job: