Temporary Manager ’92 Theater – Temporary Position
Reporting to the Chair of the Theater Department, the temporary Manager of the ’92 Theater will supervise the student-run theater group – Second Stage, and will manage Second Stage and other events in the ’92 Theater.
Specific duties include:
- Ensuring Second Stage participants are trained in and follow good safety and production practices, including scene shop, lighting, and sound techniques
- Attending all Second Stage production meetings
- Approving all designs for Second Stage productions
- Advising on Second Stage budgeting
- Coordinating with Student Affairs as needed on Second Stage projects, particularly those outside the ’92 Theater
- Participating in the scheduling of arts productions across campus, with a particular focus on the ’92 Theater
- Supporting the other productions in the ’92 Theater (about three per semester) involving the Dance department, the Theater department, and the Center for the Arts (CFA).
- Arranging for the move in and out of the portable dance floor for Dance Department events as well as any other requirements for Dance productions in the ’92 Theater.
- Coordinating with the CFA to hire house staff for the Dance, Theater, and CFA events in the ’92 Theater
- Other duties as assigned.
This temporary, non-benefit eligible, position works up to 37.5hrs per week.
Bachelors degree and at least one year of experience in lighting, sound and/or technical/theatre or technical production for performance or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
Proficiency in using multimedia in a production setting.
Ability to work a flexible schedule and some weekends and evenings as needed, particularly during production weeks
Demonstrated knowledge of Google Calendar and Microsoft Office Suite.
Demonstrated interest in working with and training undergraduate students.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Effective communication skills.
Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
Proficiency in Vectorworks or AutoCad. Experience in Higher Education
Qualified candidates are invited to apply at the following link:
Wesleyan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. To learn more about Wesleyan’s promotion of equity and inclusion throughout the University community, please visit http://www.wesleyan.edu/inclusion/
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Debbie Colucci, Interim VP Equity and Inclusion, Title IX and ADA/504 Coordinator: 860-685-4771.
Please Share the Manager ’92 Theater – Temporary Position job: