Lighting and AV Technician→ Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
The Lighting & AV Technician installs and maintains the lighting system for the North Carolina Museum of Art including two public/gallery buildings and up to 24 temporary exhibition installations on an annual basis. In addition to lighting, this position installs and maintains all audio/visual components within art installations and gallery spaces.
- Install and maintain lighting fixtures, checking all light levels to insure they meet art safety standards; insuring museum meets all OSHA/Building electrical codes.
- Install, configure, and maintain electronic, electrical, and mechanical devices in galleries, such as projectors, media players and other AV components for both temporary exhibitions and permanent collection installations.
- Consult and coordinate with exhibition staff on exhibition logistics and production schedules.
- Act as point person for occasional changes to automated building lighting and shade system, as necessary.
- Participate in the installation of all design projects, assisting with complicated graphics, casework, and art installations, as needed.
- Communicate with and/or train security staff on how to operate the exhibition technology once installed.
- Maintain the inventory of all lighting, mechanical and electronic materials, reordering as needed.
- Ability to work at heights up to 30 feet in a motorized personnel lift, and up to 12 feet on a ladder.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Color perception and differentiation required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of lighting design, lamp types, video monitors, screens, projectors, sound systems, microphones, LED lighting and/or electrical work.
- Demonstrated experience in artistically lighting 2D and 3D objects, galleries, installations, etc.
- Demonstrated electrical knowledge related to line voltage and low voltage circuits and ability to specify low-voltage LED lighting including power supplies, panels and strip lights.
- Demonstrated ability to learn basic Windows OS and iOS configurations for occasional advanced AV features and iPad installations in exhibitions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects at any given time.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and work within budgets and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situations where immediate decisions may be necessary.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in lighting and AV installation or exhibition design.
- Demonstrated ability to make up wiring harnesses for different lighting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate basic competency with power tools.
How To Apply:
Applicants must apply at the following link by the closing date of 09/19/2023 by 5:00 PM Eastern: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/…↗↗
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: audio, exhibition, lighting, Technician, and video. States: North Carolina.