Lecturer of Dance
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track Lecturer of Dance in the Department of Dance beginning August 2023.
• Teach four undergraduate courses per semester (fall and spring) in the candidate’s area of expertise, including but not limited to modern dance and other dance techniques, choreography, improvisation, dance pedagogy, dance history/theory, dance performance, and the department’s University general education course.
• Service in departmental, college, and university committees.
• Mentor undergraduate research and creative activity.
• Support the department’s production season.
• Recruitment expectations.
• Actively engaging with a diverse community.
An earned MFA or doctorate, or the foreign equivalent, in Dance is required.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• A minimum of two years collegiate teaching experience, along with an established record of professional experience in the field.
• Evidence of teaching and working within a culturally diverse community.
• Experience teaching on-line or hybrid courses.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching and commitment to inclusive teaching practices and student success.
How to Apply
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit:
Search for Job ID 249345.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, dance, recruitment, teaching, and university. States: Georgia.
Please Share the Lecturer of Dance job: