Full-Time Lecturer in Dance
The Committee on Degrees in Theater, Dance & Media seeks applications for a lecturer in Dance.
The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2020.
- Teaching one dance technique course per term in practices, such as African diaspora, ballet, choreography, contemporary, Dance Ability (certified), Hip Hop, improvisation, Indian Classical, Latin, Pan-Asian.
- Teaching one interdisciplinary course per term, such as dance and theater, digital media, anthropology, art & architecture, biology, computer science, gender & sexuality, global cultures, history, philosophy, physics.
- Choreographing for and assisting with departmental dance productions.
- Advising students in Theater, Dance & Media, including thesis advisement and evaluation.
- Serve on Theater, Dance & Media and University Committees upon request.
The position is for three years, with the second two years contingent on a satisfactory performance review during the first year.
Dance Studies in the Theater, Dance & Media Concentration
Dance studies in Theater, Dance & Media at Harvard are rooted in tradition and committed to innovation. Courses support studies in dance composition, improvisation, performance, choreographic design, and history of dance, with an emphasis on collaboration and trans-disciplinary inquiry. Opportunities to perform wide-ranging repertory, commissioned work, and installations are a focal component of coursework, and digital technology is leveraged to devise new methods for making and capturing the form. Guest artist faculty teach master classes, courses, hold residencies and create original work each academic year, fostering exceptional opportunities for students to work with luminaries and innovators who engage diverse and dynamic perspectives in the field and in disciplines linked to dance.
How to Apply
For more information and to submit application materials, please visit: https://academicpositions.harvard.edu.
Applications must be submitted no later than April 3, 2020.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: dance, instructor, media, teaching, and theatre. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Lecturer in Dance job: