Part-Time Lead Teaching Artist – Poetry Out Loud
Temporary position –part time termed position, Non Exempt.
Poetry Out Loud is a national arts education program that encourages the study of great poetry by offering free educational materials and a dynamic recitation competition to high schools across the country. This program helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about literary history and contemporary life. Poetry Out Loud is a partnership of the National Endowment for the Arts, Poetry Foundation, and the state and jurisdictional arts agencies.
The Poetry Out Loud Lead Teaching Artist will assist the Education Manager in developing, administering, and promoting the Poetry Out Loud program and competition in Yolo County.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop a county-wide administration plan for 2019-20 school year
• Plan and Conduct Teacher Information Meeting (if determined necessary in admin plan)
• Outreach to Yolo County High Schools English & Drama departments for participation – Goal is to have 5 schools participate
• Develop Social Media Posts to encourage student participation and to promote the competition
• Develop & Deliver Assemblies, Poet Lessons, &/or Coaching Sessions with School Sites and Education Manager
• Assist in finding 3 Judges + 1 Accuracy Judge for Competition
• Assist with School and County Competitions as necessary
• Documentation of program with digital photographs and video
• 2-3 years’ experience as a published author as evidenced by critical reviews, honors and awards.
• Experience working with high school age children
• Experience with administration and promotion of school programs
• Access to transportation for travel throughout Yolo County to school sites
• Must pass TB test and background check
• Part Time Availability During School Hours: M-F 8am-3pm, September 2019-March 2020
• The physical specifications outlined are those that must be met to successful perform the functions of this position.
• Must occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Must occasionally stand and walk for long periods of time
Commensurate with experience – $30-40/hour
Submit cover letter and resume to YoloArts search committee:
No phone calls please.
The position is available immediately.
There is no application deadline. The search for this position will continue until a qualified candidate is hired.
Please Share the Lead Teaching Artist – Poetry Out Loud job: