Full-Time Junior Visual Designer
Junior Visual Designer
The Junior Visual Designer works with CCA’s Marketing & Communications team to design strategic integrated marketing communications that are compelling, visually striking, and exemplify CCA’s visual brand identity. Reporting to the Senior Designer, this position creates digital and print solutions that prioritize the user experience and bring CCA’s creative and educational mission to life.
Design – 75% of time
• Create original and derivative CCA-branded marketing collateral such as postcards, brochures, posters, packet material, campus signage, swag material
• Create web graphics and HTML email templates
• Incorporate UI/UX best practices to enhance user experience and accessibility
• Design highly stylized presentations in Keynote, PowerPoint, and for use on tablets
• Design digital advertising and graphics for social media channels
• Responsible for completing assigned project tasks that range from ideation through final design
• Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to clients
Production – 25% of time
• Troubleshoot and correct files (edit, resize, crop, retouch) and prepare them for both print and online publishing
• Implement approved designs to build a variety of print and digital templates
• Resize, retouch, and color correct images
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, or other relevant major
• 2-4 years professional design experience including: layout, typography, color, and composition
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and PowerPoint Self-starter capable of working both independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to take direction, as well as conceptualize, design, and organize marketing projects
• Ability to prepare, preflight, and proof files for print, including exporting and packing files for printers
• Thrives in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, solid visual design skills, and a good balance of independent self-direction and team collaboration.
• Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
• Team player with strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
• Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS; experience with Sketch, InVision
• Experience using G Suite applications for file sharing and communication
• Familiarity with production requirements and working with outside vendors, i.e. printers, exhibit/signage vendors, other firms/agencies
• Experience using project-management and digital-asset-management systems (we use Teamwork and Bynder)
• Strong presentation skills and experience creating and presenting concepts to clients
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file. There is also a place in the application for you to provide a link to large documents. Please submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions.
For staff positions, screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
As an educational and cultural institution, California College of the Arts has a responsibility to provide access and opportunities for all people, with special attention to supporting groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
We believe that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Please address any questions to:email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1527737.
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with 21 undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, comics, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, film, fine arts, visual and critical studies, and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
jeid-6dd30b9f15ae104fa819ea319b0e6adcJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: designer and marketing. States: California.
Please Share the Junior Visual Designer job: