Full-Time Junior Visual Designer
The Equality Equation is a digital media lab based in New York City. We fuse art, activism and media to create seismic social and cultural change. We do this by providing an array of services:
● Original Content Production
● Social Media Management
● Audience Growth
Current clients include some of today’s most dynamic, progressive engines for change:
● Van Jones’ #cut50
● Brooklyn Defender Services
● + many more
The EE Mission, Vision, Values + Culture
We seek to work alongside individuals who share our values, and vision for change.
Equality Equation architects digital movements that seismically push the arc of history towards justice and equality for all.
To build the most effective, dynamic and innovative digital campaigns and movements, which ultimately create seismic social and cultural change.
● Do Good
● Do GREAT work
● Be Bold + Take Risks
We’re unabashedly progressive. Past clients have included a Democratic Super-PAC, and Democratic candidates for office. We also believe that activism and profit can co-exist.
The EE Culture
Every quarter, we take group trips to a museum to discuss a new exhibition. We have brown bag lunches at least once a quarter, where we learn from an expert in our field. Attendance at all these events is compulsory.
About the Role
Visual Designers @ EE are responsible for developing and producing an array of visual art on behalf of our clients. This includes but is not limited to identity, graphics, short videos, animated GIFs and presentations.
● Develop unique visual identities for the EE clients
● Work alongside EE’s account managers to produce an array of graphic and video material on behalf of the EE clients
● Ensure client’s visual messaging is communicated clearly and expertly
● Produce all the required visual materials for clients’ campaigns and daily digital communications presences
● Produce original art on behalf of Equality Equation for its own marketing purposes
● BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
● Demonstrated and extensive experience working with design tools like the Adobe Creative Suite
● Demonstrates skills in typography, layout, hierarchy, branding
● Basic video editing skills; FinalCutPro skills a plus
● Communication skills – written and verbal
● Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Responsive web design a plus
● Knowledge and understanding of some of today’s most pressing social issues
Medical and dental care coverage are provided.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a CV that includes links and/or samples to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also send a cover letter; in that letter, explain why EE is the right place for you.
Please Share the Junior Visual Designer job: