Institutional Giving Manager
Job Title: Institutional Giving Manager
Reports To: Development Director
Salary: $75,000- $78,000 with a generous benefits package including unlimited PTO
Customary Work Hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Customary Work Days: Monday – Friday, with periodic weekends/evenings for meetings and events
Destiny Arts Center is seeking an Institutional Giving Manager to join a collegial community of talented professionals dedicated to the power of the arts to transform the lives of young people, families, and communities.
Destiny Arts Center’s mission is to inspire and ignite social change through the arts. For over 30 years, Destiny has been committed to supporting young people as they develop their skills as artists, global citizens, and advocates for peace in their communities and beyond. Through dance and martial arts, young people learn to perform and express themselves, overcome challenges, and connect with others. Destiny partners with nearly 30 schools and organizations each year to bring programs to young people. At our North Oakland arts center, we offer sliding scale after school, weekend, and summer programs. Our work is focused on creating safe and inclusive spaces for creative expression: welcoming and caring for every young person who joins us, providing opportunities to learn, grow, and heal, and using movement arts to forge meaningful transformation in our young people and collectively in our communities.
The Institutional Giving Manager will play a critical role in meeting Destiny Arts Center’s revenue needs through institutional fundraising by working collaboratively and strategically to develop compelling proposals and funding relationships. The ideal candidate will be an active listener and engaging storyteller, a quick learner and problem solver with extreme attention to detail, has demonstrated experience working with philanthropic partners, a proven track record of successful grant writing, with a social justice mindset. The work is fast-paced with frequent deadlines, requires the ability to work closely with a wide range of staff, and to work independently. This is a great opportunity for someone whose strongest tools are their written words and who is passionate about using this skill to mobilize resources.
The ideal candidate is a proven strategic thinker with excellent writing, relationship management, and organizational skills, as well as a commitment to racial justice and equity. Destiny Arts Center is looking to grow our grant portfolio towards supporting our work in the mental health and community wellness space along with exploring growth in workforce development and violence prevention. Familiarity with social service funders is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, write, and project manage letters of inquiry, grant proposals, grant reports, and associated documents ensuring that all parts of each proposal meet the funder requirements and that the proposal is an accurate and compelling representation of Destiny’s qualifications, expertise, and program design.
- Manage grant contract compliance including crediting, deliverables, and reporting.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of programs in order to authentically represent the programs to potential funders.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify fundable projects for new and increased support that align with organizational strategies and priorities.
- Ensure that institutional donors are apprised of activities and invited to cultivation and stewardship opportunities.
- Manage the proposal pipeline and funder reporting calendar.
- Help cultivate, steward, and strengthen relationships with philanthropic partners, following up on information requests, moving funding conversations forward, and supporting periodic one-on-one check-ins.
- Research and pursue new prospects for support, leveraging the relationships within the organization and by attending public meetings and monitoring funding announcements.
- Facilitate and help prepare internal teams for funder site visits and donor meetings.
- Provide support for other fundraising projects, including the annual gala event, and organization-wide events (such as performances and trainings) as needed.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Comfortable with deadline management and ability to work effectively and calmly within timelines and maintain multiple critical priorities.
- A commitment to the power of art as a vehicle for social change and youth empowerment.
- Excels at working collaboratively and strategically to develop compelling proposals and funding relationships.
- A careful listener who is able to build out reports and proposals from nascent ideas.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm, and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Experience with the mechanics of government-funded programs and government-issued grant opportunities.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM databases for grant and contact management.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in grant writing, grants management, project management or other relevant work experience with a strong preference for candidates with experience in social service, youth-focused, community health, and/or arts organizations strongly preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples (preferably grant proposals or reports) by email to email@example.com (include “Institutional Giving Manager” in the subject line).
Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
Destiny Arts Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, fund-raising, grants, and manager. States: California.
Please Share the Institutional Giving Manager job: