Full-Time Institutional Gifts Manager/Grant Writer
Montalvo Arts Center is seeking an experienced, energetic, and highly organized individual to join our outstanding Development Team. Working alongside the Development Director, the Institutional Gifts Manager will identify and steward funding sources and relationships to support existing and planned program activities, as well as manage the grant proposal process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulate strategies for identifying and researching new prospects for corporate, foundation, family foundation, and public (state and national) sources of funding.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for all prospects and initiate contact. This includes working with the development team on moving all potential and current donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure; make solicitations when appropriate; and maintain stewardship with donors.
- Generate all correspondence including LOI’s, RFP’s, and full proposals and applications for Foundation, Corporate and Public funders
- Research funding proposal requirements and submittal deadlines and maintain report deadline calendar.
- Interview program managers to determine goals and objectives, scope, feasibility, and funding needs for programs.
- Oversee the preparation, assembly, and delivery of proposal documents.
- Track and record cultivation, recognition and stewardship activity for institutional gifts program.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 5 years’ development experience with a proven track record in corporate and foundation solicitations and stewardship.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail and capacity to multi-task under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in research, interpreting and analyzing diverse data.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve goals. Use independent judgment and produce a quality product within tight time constraints.
- Ability to implement systems and follow-up processes.
- Highly motivated, positive person with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience with Tessitura software preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Tasks:
Candidate must have the ability to communicate via voice telephone, read and understand written communication, and generate written communication manually and using a computer. Candidate must also have the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods, lift and move documents and supplies up to 25 lbs., and bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. The position involves occasional local travel; valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle is required. The position requires some evening and weekend availability.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Montalvo offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA; and 401(K) retirement plan.
To apply, submit a cover letter describing your skills and experience related to this position, and include your reasons for wanting to join the Montalvo staff, your salary requirements, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call about this position. Position is open until filled. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
For more detailed information about Montalvo Arts Center visit our website at montalvoarts.org
Montalvo Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply.
Please Share the Institutional Gifts Manager/Grant Writer job: