Full-Time Institutional Development Director
The Institutional Development Director is a part of an institutional strategy and management team within Appalshop’s CORE.
This position will work closely with Appalshop’s Executive Director, Financial Director, and multiple Program Directors consisting of Appalshop’s Archive, WMMT-FM, Roadside Theater, Appalachian Media Institute, and the Community Media Initiative.
In addition, the Institutional Development Director will be a part of a broader administrative body, leading the Development Team.
The Institutional Development Director will focus on institutional fundraising. In particular, over the next year, the position will play a key role in large, multi-year proposals, developing strategic plans with Program Directors, and managing major donor and funder relationships. Long term, the position may be a face of Appalshop, representing the organization in a variety settings.
- Lead and directly manage the Development Team within CORE consisting of a Community Development Worker and Development Associate
- Write institutional proposals and reports, including financial planning
- Track and develop major donor relationships
- Work closely with Program Directors to create and maintain a fundraising strategy, including keeping up to date on fundraising trends and funder relationships
- Assist Program Directors with grant proposals and reports, as needed
- Represent Appalshop at funder and donor meetings
- Manage Appalshop strategic planning processes, working with outside consultants
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Financial Director, and Appalshop Board to create and track annual program plans and budgets as a part of a strategic plan
- Meet with Program Directors regularly, assisting them on strategy and professional development needs
The candidate should have at least two years of development experience, preferred in the arts or culture sector. They should be a fast-learner with great organizational, interpersonal, writing, and prioritization skills. A candidate will be comfortable with Microsoft Office, cloud-based sharing, as well as financial reports. Appalshop seeks an applicant who understands the role of community-based arts institutions, can work independently and in teams, and has the ability to travel.
The Institutional Development Director is a year-round, full-time salaried position in Whitesburg, Kentucky in a salary range of $45-48,000 with full paid benefits.
Full-time staff members at Appalshop are eligible to receive the following benefits: health insurance (dental, vision, life) and disability insurance; workers’ compensation insurance; unemployment insurance; vacation; sick leave; holidays; employer contribution to pension plan after one year of full-time employment; employee contribution to pension plan; maternity/paternity leave; jury duty leave; death in the family leave; unpaid leave; and credit union membership.
Appalshop is an equal opportunity employer, and its employment policies and practices are applicable to all employees without regard to race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, creed, disability or national origin.
How to Apply
To apply for this position: Please submit a resume, cover letter, a past grant proposal, and list three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: appalachia, arts, fundraising, and rural. States: Kentucky.
Please Share the Institutional Development Director job: