Full-Time Human Resources Manager
The Museum of the City of New York is seeking a smart, highly organized, hardworking, detail-oriented, energetic, and experienced Human Resources Manager.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this position is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function.
The Human Resource Manager will work closely with the Chief Finance Officer and the Finance Department to ensure the accuracy of reporting and payroll, among other tasks.
The Human Resources Manager develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
• Process payroll (semi-monthly and bi-weekly) for union and non-union, full- and part-time employees (TriNet).
• Maintain and update human resource information system (TriNet).
• Oversee employees in health and benefit plans.
• Conduct annual review of Employee Handbook and make recommendations for updates to the COO, President, and Board of Directors.
• Work closely with the CFO and insurance brokers on annual review of insurance plans.
• Work closely with the CFO and Finance Department, generating the appropriate payroll, health insurance, and other finance-related reports as needed.
• Maintain “office hours” for staff with a variety of schedules while also ensuring that required tasks are completed correctly and on time.
• Assist various department heads with revising job descriptions as necessary, writing and posting notices for open positions, and recruiting for open positions.
• Conduct on-boarding and complete new hire processes.
• Monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws, revising policies and procedures, and producing compliance reports as appropriate.
• Review, update and identify gaps in current administrative and HR policies and procedures.
• Provide on-going guidance to management and staff on HR policies and procedures.
• Partner with COO and other staff to administer employee health and wellness program.
• Coordinate internship program in collaboration with various departments.
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed.
• Establish and maintain department records, organizational charts, and reports.
• Participate in departmental meetings, strategy sessions, and activities.
• A minimum 5 years of experience in a Human Resources Manager role, with a museum or non-profit background highly preferred.
• Experience working with union and non-union staff.
• Experience processing payroll for union and non-union, full- and part-time employees.
• Experience in administering a variety of health and employee benefit plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management preferred.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential, preferred
• HR expertise.
• Business acumen.
• Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Relationship building with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner and maintain confidential information where required.
• Ability to work with a variety of populations within the institution.
• Strong project management skills.
• Equally skilled at working as a team player and autonomously with strong attention to detail and analytical abilities.
• Proficient with MS Office programs.
• Experience with TriNet a plus.
Excellent benefits package, including a defined benefit pension plan and a 401K savings plan.
How to Apply
Please email your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to the
Museum of the City of New York,
Attention: Human Resources Department, to email@example.com.
To be considered, please include HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER within the subject line of your email.
The Museum of the City of New York is committed to fostering a collaborative and respectful work environment with a staff as diverse as New York City and the audiences who are curious about learning more about its history and engaging in contemporary urban issues.
Our staff members are dedicated to working towards a common goal: creating the most dynamic and inspiring city museum in the world.
The Museum of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the museum provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination with respect to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender identification, marital status, military status or veteran, national origin, political association, political/personal convictions, predisposing genetic characteristics, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, geographic location, philosophies, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws, in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off, and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria including training, experience, and suitability.
The Museum of the City of New York fosters understanding of the distinctive nature of urban life in the world’s most influential metropolis. It engages visitors by celebrating, documenting, and interpreting the city’s past, present and future.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, human resources, manager, museum, and non-profit. States: New York.
Please Share the Human Resources Manager job: