Internship Human Resources Intern
The Oakland Museum of California strives to provide innovative learning opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds and areas of study that are interested in working with a multidisciplinary museum that puts visitors and community at the center of our work.
The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution’s success.
The Human Resources Intern will participate in the research and development of an Alumni program designed to engage former OMCA employees. The intern will also partner with the HR team to facilitate onsite training programs and other special projects as needed.
- Learn workplace research techniques and program development
- How to design and facilitate staff training programs
Under the close supervision of Human Resource Director and Recruiter, the intern will learn about and gain direct experience in:
- Conducting research and informational interviews;
- Designing programs and a business case;
- Presenting program ideas and outlining implementation of programs;
- Implementing and planning training programs
- Functions of an HR department.
- Prior experience or educational courses in Human Resources
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong command of written english language
- Experience with Google docs and drives
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- General office environment
- Paid hourly rate
- Free one year annual membership including cafe and store discounts
- Cultural Connections Membership
We are happy to work with your educational institution to provide credit for this internship.
The Oakland Museum of California is dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility and equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ability/disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We highly encourage our diverse community to apply for available employment, internship, fellowship and volunteer positions at the Museum, as we aim to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding community.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online: http://www.Click2apply.net/w5knnrzyhvh57grdJob Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: human resources, museum, and recruitment. States: California.
Please Share the Human Resources Intern job: